Watches

My "cheap tat" as someone on here once stated.

Guess i should get it cleaned.

image.jpg

Is that an Invicta?

What the f**k is that, Wisbit? You don't look 85 in that video of yours.

Anyway, here's my wristwear. If I was given the choice between losing this watch or the wife, she'd be out the door.

attachicon.gifa73310a8bb73-ss-_main.jpg

That's fucking nice.

I have a few watches but there's only one that I ever use and that's just for nights out really. It's an old Omega that was passed on to me when my dad passed away. It's very light weight and apparently worth a few bob but I'd never sell it.

Omega are top quality.

Nah, Breitling. Never heard of Invicta but just googled them and they have a few interesting designs.

Yeah good designs, I bought this a few months ago, basically a Rolex copy, but its fully automatic and keeps great time, £70, you can't go wrong.

122ee893e7a0bded2ca57110.L.jpg

I'm not flash or flush enough to wear an expensive watch. My current watch is a Royal Engineer bomb disposal watch that I purchased on eBay for about 40 quid.

face1.jpg

There's some pretty unusual Soviet Union military watches on eBay for around 30 or 40 bar. They may not be everyone's taste, but I like weird shit so I don't give a f**k. I've been thinking about buying one for a while but never got round to it.

$_57.JPG

I've 3. A Skagen watch (which I fucking hate and I really should sell) and Dolce & Gabbana 'night TV' or something along those lines which I always wear on nights out, it gets folks attention and an Omega which I never wear out of fear of wrecking it.

Skagen

post-12838-0-56945100-1446239997_thumb.j

D&G

post-12838-0-94738700-1446240018_thumb.j

I *think* this is the Omega, I'll dig it out tomorrow and get an actual photo of it.

post-12838-0-67375300-1446240079_thumb.j

My watch strap broke a few months ago and I've yet to sort it out (I have another, but the battery's dead), the result being that I used my phone for a brief period and have just got used to it now.

However, I found myself asking somebody for the time a couple of days ago when I was away from my desk where I'd left my phone charging. A new low.

Eta: I once got laughed at when somebody wanted to go into a watch shop and I replied "nah, I've already got one". That's pretty much my stance on watches.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Skagen

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

D&G

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I *think* this is the Omega, I'll dig it out tomorrow and get an actual photo of it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I genuinely burst out laughing at that middle one. You must have testicles the size of space hoppers to wear that.

It's based on the old TV test card that used to come up on the screen when the programmes had finished for the night...

post-25521-0-29788900-1446243933_thumb.p

Mine was assembled in Yorkshire from a case, hands and crystals made in Germany and a movement from Switzerland (decorated Unitas 17 jewel hand winding, caliber 6498 if anyone cares).

post-44711-0-73867100-1446244028_thumb.j

About once a week I forget to wind it up but otherwise it runs like clockwork.

post-44711-0-75722300-1446244047_thumb.j

Edited by The_Kincardine

I genuinely burst out laughing at that middle one. You must have testicles the size of space hoppers to wear that.

It's based on the old TV test card that used to come up on the screen when the programmes had finished for the night...

attachicon.gifPM5544_with_non-PAL_signals.png

I regularly* get to empty my bahs in female Dundee inhabitants, sometimes as far afield as Cupar. Get the watch, get yer hole (obviously not you, you're married).

*slight exaggeration.

I have dodgy skin on my wrists so don't wear a watch. I do have one though, I bought it for £2 from Decathlon.

My colleague has an expensive watch that he sends back to Switzerland every year for a £350 service. What a fucking mug.

:lol:

The people he sends it to probably take turns wearing it on their annual night out on the lash and spunk his £350 on drink and slags.

Its got a cracking face on it. so to speak.

Quite like this 24hr watch with one hand.

slow_jo_17_-_silver_swiss_24_hour_one_ha

I love one hand watches but my old eyes may baulk at a 24-hour one.

When I get a spare grand that I don't have to allocate to house/weans/clothes/food/car/bevvy I'll buy one of these:

post-44711-0-56901700-1446246049_thumb.j

Edited by The_Kincardine