Watches

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

All quiet for weeks and then 2 posts at the same time 

Quantum entanglement, probably.

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I had received the email a month or so ago and was humming and ha-ing over the iron cream model 1 and was going to put byres rd/ashton lane on the caseback but the experience of the Kurono purchase put me off, had a date for 2027 lined up but waiting 3 years and then the wife saying that’s ugly just wasn’t worth it, the paynes grey is a beauty as is the plum fume

The iron cream is gorgeous too - pure filth in fact - but I just can't see past that enamel fumé. It's pretty much unique.

Funnily enough I looked at a Tokyo a couple of years ago (the Anniversary Toki, not the GMT) and the salmon dial was pure filth as well.

Kurono__Toki__01_SPF_Toki_c29fdf98-b037-4fdc-a230-615d2078b1ee.jpg?v=1668412158&width=1080

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

As a fan of the Tudor Black Bay range I’ve been keeping an eye on Nomadic Watches from Belfast. Finally took the plunge on this black shamrock Ltd edition of their Marai BB homage a couple of weeks back. 

Very pleased with it. Certainly not as solid feel as the Tudors (esp the bezel) and clearly the movement is much lower quality - although Swiss sourced - but generally very tidy. Really like the small nods to Belfast such as the second hand in the same colour as the H&W cranes. First micro brand purchase and probably not the last. They also do a decent homage to a Grand Seiko White Birch.

Shown on the green/gold fabric strap, but the steel bracelet is also nice.

IMG_2829.jpeg

21 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

IMG_4779.thumb.jpeg.decc0a142ff485991e47e57aca5c7caf.jpeg

Sold my Kurono Tokyo GMT i bought last year, although i liked the watch it didn’t blow me away on the wrist and the missus screwed her face up at it when I first put it on. didn’t help it was completely illegible in the dark thanks to no lume.
 Guess that’s the pitfalls of buying a watch without physically seeing it and trying it on wrist before buying. Blow softened by selling it on chrono 24

Easter treat arrived today though to fill that space in the watch box thanks to a large discount from Watches of Switzerland 

IMG_5715.thumb.jpeg.edb1a98af2e63e5457aca77a663e2caa.jpeg

IMG_5725.thumb.jpeg.c1d0c07198919c2c9de066fe1d8a2da5.jpeg

Beautiful Omega, think that's the same piece Tony Docherty rocks. @Shadow Play?

22 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The iron cream is gorgeous too - pure filth in fact - but I just can't see past that enamel fumé. It's pretty much unique.

Funnily enough I looked at a Tokyo a couple of years ago (the Anniversary Toki, not the GMT) and the salmon dial was pure filth as well.

Kurono__Toki__01_SPF_Toki_c29fdf98-b037-4fdc-a230-615d2078b1ee.jpg?v=1668412158&width=1080

By the time they get round me me I might have saved up enough money to pay for it.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m pretty sure it is an Omega AT Doc has.  Doc’s looks a little bigger so I’m wondering if Doc has a chrono version?  

The resolution on this video grab isn't good enough to say exactly what model it is, but pretty sure it isn't a chrono...

image.png.296389fcdb718bdc3bba526acc5db0b4.png

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

32 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The resolution on this video grab isn't good enough to say exactly what model it is, but pretty sure it isn't a chrono...

image.png.296389fcdb718bdc3bba526acc5db0b4.png

Good find Dr M.  I think the dial does have very faint sub dials and there does appear to be a pusher each side of the crown.  Also,  chronos are often a little larger than a simple three hand watch.  I’m now not sure what make and model of watch it is though. @Bigmouth Strikes Again any ideas?

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think the dial does have very faint sub dials and there does appear to be a pusher each side of the crown.  

Zooming in, you could be right there, but if the rain worsens he may well rock up tomorrow with a submariner.

34 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Good find Dr M.  I think the dial does have very faint sub dials and there does appear to be a pusher each side of the crown.  Also,  chronos are often a little larger than a simple three hand watch.  I’m now not sure what make and model of watch it is though. @Bigmouth Strikes Again any ideas?

It's defo a chrono, best guess is a seamaster aqua terra.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Beautiful Omega, think that's the same piece Tony Docherty rocks. @Shadow Play?

Thank you, I am quite smitten with it 

it also seems to be a bit of a strap monster so should have some fun with it 

summer strap inspiration below but will maybe need to get some colour on the pasty skin first 

IMG_5698.thumb.webp.3225b1ec61d8343183d29b8ba7acde08.webp

Just now, Don Diego De la Vega said:

summer strap inspiration below but will maybe need to get some colour on the pasty skin first 

Superb with the nato.

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif.41603c5ed757a310a3e9eee2d85c5bd9.gif

Thank you.

On 04/04/2024 at 21:47, Doctor Manhattan said:

That salmon dial is stunning, there is another anniversary release coming soon going by his instagram posts  and each watch he has released have all been eye catching, i would probably buy another if he released a 40mm case, the gmt was 38 but felt smaller on wrist. 

On 04/04/2024 at 21:25, Don Diego De la Vega said:

IMG_4779.thumb.jpeg.decc0a142ff485991e47e57aca5c7caf.jpeg

Sold my Kurono Tokyo GMT i bought last year, although i liked the watch it didn’t blow me away on the wrist and the missus screwed her face up at it when I first put it on. didn’t help it was completely illegible in the dark thanks to no lume.
 Guess that’s the pitfalls of buying a watch without physically seeing it and trying it on wrist before buying. Blow softened by selling it on chrono 24

Easter treat arrived today though to fill that space in the watch box thanks to a large discount from Watches of Switzerland 

IMG_5715.thumb.jpeg.edb1a98af2e63e5457aca77a663e2caa.jpeg

IMG_5725.thumb.jpeg.c1d0c07198919c2c9de066fe1d8a2da5.jpeg

That Omega is a cracker.

On 05/04/2024 at 23:25, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Wasn't a fan with the steel strap but that looks magnificent there.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Wasn't a fan with the steel strap but that looks magnificent there.

Not going to lie I wasn’t a fan of the bracelet either, especially with it polished centre links, thought it was just a little to dressy for my tastes but it wears a whole lot better than I thought.

The only reason I bought it with bracelet was because there was a massive 26% discount on it. I went in to the omega boutique run by Watches of Switzerland  and tried to negotiate the same discount on the rubber strap edition but the lowest they could go was 10% off that (even though it is £200 cheaper rrp) and he couldn’t even sell me the bracelet edition for the discount showing online as it wasn’t on his system, although showing up online,  he reckons it was a mistake so it got ordered from online almost as soon as I left the shop 

I’ll be ordering a replica omega rubber strap and deployant clasp and a few natos to swap around. the bracelet can come out for weddings and occasions I need to get out my trainers