Class of '92 Salford City

Hertha/BJFC1938

Talbot had an off day v Cumbernauld but totally disagree they focused on Tranent. They would beat them with nearly whatever team they put out or at least got a draw. The big game and tougher test out of the two was Cumbernauld and they didn't do enough to win that. They should have beat Cumbernauld or drew with them to earn a potential pay day v SPFL team.

Talbot had an off day v Cumbernauld but totally disagree they focused on Tranent. They would beat them with nearly whatever team they put out or at least got a draw. The big game and tougher test out of the two was Cumbernauld and they didn't do enough to win that. They should have beat Cumbernauld or drew with them to earn a potential pay day v SPFL team.

Talbot never played Mark Cambell despite the fact that McGoldrick was out through work commitments, no recognised central defenders. The right back and centre midfielder playing central defence. Midfield changed because of this with fringe players comîng in. Add the big artificial pitch to the equation and you have a result like that likely. This was all to make sure the strongest team possible was on the pitch at Tranent. I have no doubt Tranent was prioritised. I also think had we got a draw a similar fate as BSC suffered would have been the result in a replay, but we will never know.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he says, with all due respect to Tucker, he would have picked the best team to beat Cumbernauld Colts. Load of crap with Tranent game in mind,dont make me laugh. Never read so much shite!

Exactly mate .

As I alluded to the Scottish senior draw with a large tie like hearts again can nab you a 5 figure fee !!!

But Talbot sabotaged it whilst thinking of only Tranent as progress in the Scottish senior cup was only trivial crumbs. :lol:

Financial lunacy to put more weight on Junior Cup tie than a Scottish Cup one. £6k appearance fee for R3!

Exactly and Talbot would be stupid to not put priority into defeating Edinburgh city and cumbernauld collie dugs with the further potential of earning a huge 5 figure fee in playing a hearts Type again,instead their hunger was on Tranent as opposed to not caring about cumbernauld colts ..... AYE RIGHT :lol:

Goudie get a grip snaw heid

Exactly and Talbot would be stupid to not put priority into defeating Edinburgh city and cumbernauld collie dugs with the further potential of earning a huge 5 figure fee in playing a hearts Type again,instead their hunger was on Tranent as opposed to not caring about cumbernauld colts ..... AYE RIGHT :lol:

Goudie get a grip snaw heid

Mark Campbell was available, why was he not on when McGoldrick was not available? Because it was an artificial pitch and Campbell would almost certainly have been out for Tranent. This had a knock on effect through out the team. Yes Tucker probably thought the team on the pitch could do it but are you seriously saying that selection was the best available? Come on? As for the financial rewards? Yes we can all see that but as with most things not so straight forward. Why Talbot had to play a preliminary round when they were the West and Scottish champions is nuts, they should have had a bye. Talbot and their fans have now worn off the novelty of this tournament, the early rounds are a chore, none of the team's with all due respect are very big draw, a distraction. Yes Colts put us out, yes they should have been treated with more respect, but they never created any excitement in the lead up, nor did BSC. Not saying it's right, just saying that a team who think they can win major trophies in the Juniors and know they can't win the big cup will eventually make allowances. It is enevitable.

Snaw Heid?

Mark Campbell was available, why was he not on when McGoldrick was not available? Because it was an artificial pitch and Campbell would almost certainly have been out for Tranent. This had a knock on effect through out the team. Yes Tucker probably thought the team on the pitch could do it but are you seriously saying that selection was the best available? Come on? As for the financial rewards? Yes we can all see that but as with most things not so straight forward. Why Talbot had to play a preliminary round when they were the West and Scottish champions is nuts, they should have had a bye. Talbot and their fans have now worn off the novelty of this tournament, the early rounds are a chore, none of the team's with all due respect are very big draw, a distraction. Yes Colts put us out, yes they should have been treated with more respect, but they never created any excitement in the lead up, nor did BSC. Not saying it's right, just saying that a team who think they can win major trophies in the Juniors and know they can't win the big cup will eventually make allowances. It is enevitable.

Snaw Heid?

So fast forward a few months and talbot for example were drawn away to Celtic or Rangers in the senior scottish cup 5th round , are you honestly trying to tell me that you would be playing this whole thing down and potentially resting players because you were playing a BIG scottish junior cup tie the following week??

I find your attitude towards the LL teams very condescending at best and that is a game that junior teams need to be at themselves to prove our level is superior .

As for clubs being a distraction?

How arrogant and big senior clubs could see Talbot as a distraction before a European game . Imagine the uproar if that was made public though :huh:

Are you seriously suggesting Talbot should have received a bye into the first round of the Senior Cup?

If the tournament is a bore why don't you offer your place to a club who wants to be there?

Talbot won the right to be in the tournament by winning the Scottish, not only that they won the league also, another trophy that enables automatic entry. Lithgie won nothing but did receive a bye, luck of the draw I know, but surely gaining entry by winning a major junior title should have given them the right to go straight into round 1? Ironic that Talbot won the right twice but end up playing the preliminaries.

If I give the impression that the tournament is a bore that is not really what I meant, that would be disrespectful. My point is that for me and a lot of Talbot fans there was a certain novelty to the tournament, but now the early rounds just don't have that as we have been in it a good few times now. The draws this year were in some ways good as on paper not the most difficult. However, also not the most inspiring. The Lowland League is an unknown quantity and, as it turned out should not be taken lightly. But of the three teams we have played from that grade two play in huge arenas with no fans other than a handful of friends and relations of the players. The other play in a restricted Junior venue and I have no idea how it got a licence, again a handful of relations. It's a low key as it gets, three ties to play before it gets tasty. Three games out of a season in the Juniors where we all know gets mental fixture wise if teams are successful. My point is that it is not all it seems and if a junior team were really to prioritise it and get to the third or fourth round and the pay day with kudos it would have to be worth it, because the season would be barn.

Me? I think Talbot should prioritise it, but I also concede that it is not an easy decision.

Talbot won the right to be in the tournament by winning the Scottish, not only that they won the league also, another trophy that enables automatic entry. Lithgie won nothing but did receive a bye, luck of the draw I know, but surely gaining entry by winning a major junior title should have given them the right to go straight into round 1? Ironic that Talbot won the right twice but end up playing the preliminaries.

If I give the impression that the tournament is a bore that is not really what I meant, that would be disrespectful. My point is that for me and a lot of Talbot fans there was a certain novelty to the tournament, but now the early rounds just don't have that as we have been in it a good few times now. The draws this year were in some ways good as on paper not the most difficult. However, also not the most inspiring. The Lowland League is an unknown quantity and, as it turned out should not be taken lightly. But of the three teams we have played from that grade two play in huge arenas with no fans other than a handful of friends and relations of the players. The other play in a restricted Junior venue and I have no idea how it got a licence, again a handful of relations. It's a low key as it gets, three ties to play before it gets tasty. Three games out of a season in the Juniors where we all know gets mental fixture wise if teams are successful. My point is that it is not all it seems and if a junior team were really to prioritise it and get to the third or fourth round and the pay day with kudos it would have to be worth it, because the season would be barn.

Me? I think Talbot should prioritise it, but I also concede that it is not an easy decision

I don't see it being any different to playing a few lower level Junior teams in the early rounds of the Junior Cup, with the obvious exception that your will get more money than you would ever do in the Junior Cup unless you reach the final..

If Linlithgow beat Wick Academy, they will be pocketing at least £20k, I should think that would be incentive enough to concentrate minds.

I don't see it being any different to playing a few lower level Junior teams in the early rounds of the Junior Cup, with the obvious exception that your will get more money than you would ever do in the Junior Cup unless you reach the final..

If Linlithgow beat Wick Academy, they will be pocketing at least £20k, I should think that would be incentive enough to concentrate minds.

Exactly and what right do any junior club have to be choosy about playing a few so called less attractive games in the early stages of the senior Scottish cup.

Especially when being put out on your arses twice early doors against the supposed non attractive LL teams .

Poor old Goudie, as usual his heart's in the right place but his heid's up his erse.

Lucky the rest of the Talbot fans are usually quite reasonable rather than the billy big baws nonsense and this from a guy who's never seen a LL or EOS game in his puff. Surely you have to put these diddy teams to the sword before you start whingeing about what round you're in.

To be fair, you probably drew the worst supported 3 teams in the LL but let's nip in the bud all this shite about players friends and family before it takes root.

Now take my club, a village half the size of Auchinleck but a traditional club in a mining area and on a par with Tranent that you're bending over backwards to praise. We only get 120-150 for an average league game but that's no worse than 95% of junior teams. For cup games the people of Midlothian can turn out in numbers assuming Bonnyrigg Nitten or Penicuik are not playing a big game.

The LL has plenty of traditional clubs apart from us, they're no just 'made up' which is another myth you're trying to create along wi your Bankies crony.

As for the luck of the draw, we had 2 cracking games with Wick and that's us out. Previous years we matched up to Highland and SPFL clubs and it's never been 'boring' with some great days oot.

Poor old Goudie, as usual his heart's in the right place but his heid's up his erse.

Lucky the rest of the Talbot fans are usually quite reasonable rather than the billy big baws nonsense and this from a guy who's never seen a LL or EOS game in his puff. Surely you have to put these diddy teams to the sword before you start whingeing about what round you're in.

To be fair, you probably drew the worst supported 3 teams in the LL but let's nip in the bud all this shite about players friends and family before it takes root.

Now take my club, a village half the size of Auchinleck but a traditional club in a mining area and on a par with Tranent that you're bending over backwards to praise. We only get 120-150 for an average league game but that's no worse than 95% of junior teams. For cup games the people of Midlothian can turn out in numbers assuming Bonnyrigg Nitten or Penicuik are not playing a big game.

The LL has plenty of traditional clubs apart from us, they're no just 'made up' which is another myth you're trying to create along wi your Bankies crony.

As for the luck of the draw, we had 2 cracking games with Wick and that's us out. Previous years we matched up to Highland and SPFL clubs and it's never been 'boring' with some

great days oot.

Good post and well said , goudie needs to catch a grip and is coming across as very arrogant to you LL guys .

Poor show from him.

As for the luck of the draw, we had 2 cracking games with Wick and that's us out. Previous years we matched up to Highland and SPFL clubs and it's never been 'boring' with some great days oot.

There are at the moment three fabricated clubs and from what I hear more on the way, a complete and utter anomaly. Good luck to you and your club sir but if you look at my proposal you will see that I am all for your club joining a unified non league. I am also for a pyramid if you care to digest my post. You don't need to see EOS or LL games to know that inventing new teams along the central belt to fill a feeder league is folly. My opinion of the LL may come across as unmerited vitriol, however I just see it as a chance lost rather than progress. I see a place for my club and yours in my proposal, but please no more new fabrication.

There are at the moment three fabricated clubs and from what I hear more on the way, a complete and utter anomaly. Good luck to you and your club sir but if you look at my proposal you will see that I am all for your club joining a unified non league. I am also for a pyramid if you care to digest my post. You don't need to see EOS or LL games to know that inventing new teams along the central belt to fill a feeder league is folly. My opinion of the LL may come across as unmerited vitriol, however I just see it as a chance lost rather than progress. I see a place for my club and yours in my proposal, but please no more new fabrication.

See this " fabricated " clubs term!!! What a load of concocted and disrespectful nonsense.

Every single club world wide need to start somewhere , a blank canvas will be created until that club put their mark on proceedings and history is gained.

Beith , ladeside , Talbot , meadow etc had to start somewhere and history is gained through time and achievements that put your club on

the map.

No club should ever be called fabricated and they all deserve respect , Whitehill welfare is the only LL club I've ever visited and I never saw them as a club that were any different to my own , they don't play on the moon and they play closer to Bonnyrigg than Beith have to travel to ladeside .

Archived