Time for B Teams

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the agenda today in the Record

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-should-colt-teams-9272926

If they can find a way to integrate the Juniors and 5-6 B teams into the lowland League/Highland League set up i think that would be reasonable. There should be a cap on how far a B team could rise and rules to who can actually play in the starting 11.

30 minutes ago, edinabear said:

What that really means is back on the Records agenda.

Anyone with any sense knows it would be a complete disaster

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-should-colt-teams-9272926

If they can find a way to integrate the Juniors and 5-6 B teams into the lowland League/Highland League set up i think that would be reasonable. There should be a cap on how far a B team could rise and rules to who can actually play in the starting 11.

Juniors are welcome.

B teams can f**k off. Horrible idea that only benefits a few clubs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've said before I wouldn't be against it as long as they are treated as a seperate club. Eg: A Celtic 'B' shouldn't be able to put guys like Gary MacKay-Steven or Efe Ambrose in the B team and then call them up to the 'A' team after a few injuries. Transfers between the two clubs should be under the same rules as any other side (ie: emergency loans or transfer window only)

Project Brave indeed - an ex-Celtic player (with a seriously weegie name, and who is still gutted at the departure of Aleksandar Tonev) is appointed, and immediately sets about some change that looks designed for the benefit of the two arse cheeks, with no obvious benefit to anyone else.

I've said before I wouldn't be against it as long as they are treated as a seperate club. Eg: A Celtic 'B' shouldn't be able to put guys like Gary MacKay-Steven or Efe Ambrose in the B team and then call them up to the 'A' team after a few injuries. Transfers between the two clubs should be under the same rules as any other side (ie: emergency loans or transfer window only)

Yeah, Celtic "B" stockpiling youngsters alongside Celtic "A" can only be a good thing. 50+ of the best talents wedged under one banner.

Great.

• 3 months later...
On 10/29/2015 at 16:08, Richey Edwards said:

What we REALLY need are O teams. Spain have Osasuna and have won two Euros and a World Cup in the past seven years. We haven't even qualified for any. Coincidence?

Off to Ormiston on Sunday.

On 12/19/2016 at 23:59, tarapoa said:

Project Brave indeed - an ex-Celtic player (with a seriously weegie name, and who is still gutted at the departure of Aleksandar Tonev) is appointed, and immediately sets about some change that looks designed for the benefit of the two arse cheeks, with no obvious benefit to anyone else.

Malcolm Mackay.......seriously weegie name.....seriously?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why is this still a thing? Fairly sure the crowds were fucking abysmal for the cup games involving Colt teams. It's a ridiculous idea that will kill lower league football in the country, and there's absolutely no descernible advantage from it

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why is this still a thing? Fairly sure the crowds were fucking abysmal for the cup games involving Colt teams. It's a ridiculous idea that will kill lower league football in the country, and there's absolutely no descernible advantage from it

The crowds involving them were indeed comically low, with such figures as 114 (Albion Rovers vs Hamilton under 20s), 324 (Sevco under 20s vs Stirling Albion), 221 (Aberdeen under 20s vs Forfar), 350 (Elgin City vs Hearts under 20s), 449 (Cowdenbeath vs Celtic under 20s), 299 (Queen's Park vs Kilmarnock under 20s), 216 (Celtic under 20s vs Annan) and 351 (Clyde vs Partick Thistle under 20s).

Only 1 under 20s team made it through to the 4th round, Celtic, who were then battered 5-1 by Livingston. That match attracted the highest crowd involving an under 20s team; 1214

Archived