The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

It's sad that McClean feels it necessary to explain why he elected to abstain from sporting one; if it really is a personal choice, then nobody should feel compelled to explain to anybody else why they have decided not to wear one - and nobody should ask another person why they are not wearing one. 

Anyway, good news for fans of Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell; there's still time to purchase your half-and-half poppy-badge pin: https://www.poppyscotlandstore.com/poppyscotland-collections/scottish-league-football-pins-collection.html. Unfortunately for fans of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, you will have to miss out for the time being. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Anyway, good news for fans of Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell; there's still time to purchase your half-and-half poppy-badge pin: https://www.poppyscotlandstore.com/poppyscotland-collections/scottish-league-football-pins-collection.html. Unfortunately for fans of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, you will have to miss out for the time being. 

I see they didn't bother making a Celtic one...

It's sad that McClean feels it necessary to explain why he elected to abstain from sporting one; if it really is a personal choice, then nobody should feel compelled to explain to anybody else why they have decided not to wear one - and nobody should ask another person why they are not wearing one. 

Subtle and understated

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Looking forward to passing five minutes of my life next week searching for people on Twitter who've misspelt poppy as "poopy".

Yes, that's a rare upside to this annual festival of  mock outrage. 

My understanding is James Maclean has declined to wear one and had respectfully explained why.
Have I missed where he has been moronic?

I'd be curious to know what yon Savage means by "and his ilk".

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's one on Buchanan Street as well. Ironically, just in time for an influx of Germans to the city.

They have a similar 'custom' I believe, there shouldn't be any conflict (intended :P) with our German  allies.