Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't defend anyone who is racist nor those withtransphobic views and I haven't done so here. I have merely pointed out that while he may be some of these things, his work is good and in my opinion necessary.

But yet you find people who call him out on this "amusing", and will still use his work despite holding disgusting views about trans people. Funny how it's always those who aren't on the receiving end of such prejudice who use this approach.

But yet you find people who call him out on this "amusing", and will still use his work despite holding disgusting views about trans people. Funny how it's always those who aren't on the receiving end of such prejudice who use this approach.

I think his views on trans people could be wrong, indeed my flippancy on other threads on this topic could well be wrong too. Doesn't make him Hitler, nor does it make him wrong about how much pish we are fed by the media and those who govern us.

It is a much handier and much easier stick to beat him with than try to tackle the discrepancies and outright lies he exposes.

Again, funny how the excuses pour in when you're not on the receiving end of such abuse. It's not up to non-trans people to decide what views about their community are right and wrong.

Why do you, for example, roundly condemn Celtic for bigotry, yet when it comes to WoS it "doesn't make him Hitler"?

Again, funny how the excuses pour in when you're not on the receiving end of such abuse. It's not up to non-trans people to decide what views about their community are right and wrong.

What excuses? I think just about everyone on this thread thinks the guy is a bell end.

As I said before, the only reason he gets attention was down to having no pro independence media. He filled the gap.

Of course I would still 'use' his work. He has opinions that I very much disagree with but that doesn't make his work useless. He is still very good at exposing media bias.

What I find amusing is the constant attempts to discredit him, I have a sneaking suspicion that many are not that bothered by his views on trans people but more worried that he is an asset to the independence cause.

I find it a little ridiculous that you would dismiss someones work purely on their personal views. Admittedly pretty disgusting views in this case.

He's not all bad though.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Reverend-Stuart-Campbell-raises-11k-woman-fined/story-27613189-detail/story.html

Have you asked many people in the trans community if they are "that bothered by his views", or are you just taking a stab in the dark based on a position of privilege.

I couldn't give a damn if non-trans people are "not that bothered", as it's not about them.

What excuses? I think just about everyone on this thread thinks the guy is a bell end.

As I said before, the only reason he gets attention was down to having no pro independence media. He filled the gap.

Give it time, the Michelle Thomson thread was full of Wings apologists.

Ask yourself this: which lasts longer, a haircut or a waistcoat.I win.

I've had waistcoats and haircuts that have lasted longer than your political career. Unfortunately you don't win....

... again.

You can still support someone's views on one subject and think the work they do is important, even if you think they're an absolute c**t and disagree totally with their opinions or behaviours involving something else.

A bit off topic but 'cis' (what trans people use to refer to non-trans people) is such a horrible sounding word. It makes sense linguistically so I get why it was chosen but it sounds far too similar to 'cyst' for my liking. Think we should change it to something more pleasant sounding.

You can still support someone's views on one subject and think the work they do is important, even if you think they're an absolute c**t and disagree totally with their opinions or behaviours involving something else.

Hitler contributed greatly to raising awareness of vegetarianism. Just saying...

A bit off topic but 'cis' (what trans people use to refer to non-trans people) is such a horrible sounding word. It makes sense linguistically so I get why it was chosen but it sounds far too similar to 'cyst' for my liking. Think we should change it to something more pleasant sounding.

It would be great if there were no need for these terms at all. Chelsea Manning's a woman, I'm a man.

P.S. It could be a bit confusing if I met her for a blind date, but that's another issue.

Have you asked many people in the trans community if they are "that bothered by his views", or are you just taking a stab in the dark based on a position of privilege.

I couldn't give a damn if non-trans people are "not that bothered", as it's not about them.

Good point but what if I asked 30 trans-gender people their thoughts and it split 50-50 or 55-45 etc. How many is enough to decide what is right or wrong?

It's like the on going battle the NFL side I follow has with its name. Every other week the racist card is played as some Native Chief has said it then the organisation trots out another Native Chief to say the first one is talking crap.

It would be great if there were no need for these terms at all. Chelsea Manning's a woman, I'm a man.

Yep. Or even get rid of man and woman and just have people, seems to be the logical conclusion to feminism. Though is that theory incompatible with transexuality?

No, I haven't asked any. I agree with you that his views on this are awful but I don't dismiss his work on a completely unrelated topic because of it whereas, you do.

Yep. Or even get rid of man and woman and just have people, seems to be the logical conclusion to feminism. Though is that theory incompatible with transexuality?

That gets on my tits (sic) too. Everytime I talk to my sister about trying to get hold of say, a doctor, and use "he" or "him", she jumps in with "or she/her", like I haven't heard of such a thing as a female doctor. There must be some languages that don't have that shit.

Archived