Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His meltdown where he called JK Rowling an 80 minute patriot was full of scenes. Especially when Harry Potter fans were giving him abuse without knowing why :lol:

Some of it, yes. I think he is perfectly entitled to refer to Chelsea Manning as 'he' rather than 'she' if he wishes to. I personally wouldn't, but I think he's entitled to. The article seems to imply that he and other 'cisgender' people don't have the right to, with no reasonable argument as to why. He is perfectly entitled to believe than trans women are not in fact women, again I would disagree with it, but I do not think it is akin to 'murder' as that blog implies, nor do I think his twitter feed constitutes a hate crime. He's got an opinion on a very complex subject and he is perfectly entitled to it, and being 'cis' makes no difference whatsoever to this.

Last refuge of racists and bigots everywhere that. "I have a right to my own opinion."

It's not a complex subject at all. You do not mis-gender people. Funny how this 'entitlement' is only for those who are transphobic bigots.

Last refuge of racists and bigots everywhere that. "I have a right to my own opinion."

Here we go again....

Some of it, yes. I think he is perfectly entitled to refer to Chelsea Manning as 'he' rather than 'she' if he wishes to. I personally wouldn't, but I think he's entitled to. The article seems to imply that he and other 'cisgender' people don't have the right to, with no reasonable argument as to why. He is perfectly entitled to believe than trans women are not in fact women, again I would disagree with it, but I do not think it is akin to 'murder' as that blog implies, nor do I think his twitter feed constitutes a hate crime. He's got an opinion on a very complex subject and he is perfectly entitled to it, and being 'cis' makes no difference whatsoever to this.

Deliberately misgendering someone is equally as unacceptable as calling someone a "faggot" or a "Paki". It's really not complicated.

His meltdown where he called JK Rowling an 80 minute patriot was full of scenes. Especially when Harry Potter fans were giving him abuse without knowing why :lol:

Is that what he said?

No wonder the woman went mental at him. As much as she trolls, she can't handle it when someone throws stuff back at her!

Why on earth would you think it was complicated???

It's very simple. There are waaaaay too many people who want to control what other people do with their lives in a way that doesn't affect them personally.

If a man suddenly wants to become a woman and have me refer to them as "her" instead of "him" then exactly who am I to oppose that basic human right?

This literally couldn't be simpler. It's only complicated when you can't accept that people have a right to determine things like their own sexual orientation and gender for themselves.

That would make it the bigot's problem.

Read that back to yourself and you will see the complete hipocrosy of what you are saying.

I voted yes, not that it's at all relevant to this line of enquiry. Unless you feel obligated to support the likes of Wings in an 'us against them' bunker mentality.

Not at all. I realise Campbell as a man has opinions which a lot of people disagree with. I do however, support what he has done for exposing media bias and Unionist lies. Such as this:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-wishful-believers/

Not at all. I realise Campbell as a man has opinions which a lot of people disagree with. I do however, support what he has done for exposing media bias and Unionist lies. Such as this:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-wishful-believers/

Why do you not hold pro-independence media to as high a standard? It's not good enough to gloss over bigotry because sometimes somebody writes things you agree with. I'm not going to support someone who blames victims for the Hillsborough disaster or doesn't accept people's pronouns because apparently he's apparently on-side about something. Supporting independence is not an obligation to support every yes supporter, and so I won't.

I'm also puzzled why you asked me which way I voted, as if I were to be automatically wrong if I didn't answer the way you liked.

Why do you not hold pro-independence media to as high a standard? It's not good enough to gloss over bigotry because sometimes somebody writes things you agree with. I'm not going to support someone who blames victims for the Hillsborough disaster or doesn't accept people's pronouns because apparently he's apparently on-side about something. Supporting independence is not an obligation to support every yes supporter, and so I won't.

I'm also puzzled why you asked me which way I voted, as if I were to be automatically wrong if I didn't answer the way you liked.

It just highlights that some folk don't really give a shit about social justice unless it can be framed in opposition to "them".

It is amusing the state some folk get in over Wings. He is at best controversial and at worst, a bigot. He is and is happy to be, a necessary w****r. The holes he blows in the msm is refreshing and more and more people are waking up to the shite that gets passed off as fact in rags such as the Daily Mail. He backs up his content with links, something the papers do not.

Very much a plus for the independence movement regardless of other views he may hold.

Archived