gay footballers

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure you should watch the Simpsons because you clearly don't understand the points made in that episode.

I know it was an episode specifically about homophobia I just thought that it was quite extreme by Simpsons standards.

There's a lot of gay folk in the woman's game. Thistle even have a player who can't play official games until their transcender surgery is complete.
I can see why folk don't come out in the men's game to a degree. But that state of affairs isn't going to move anything on for young folk who want a career in the game but may feel intimated to take their football career further.
Apparently there is a gay footballer playing at Perth today according to a workmate. Personally I couldn't give a shit who they shag.

There's a lot of gay folk in the woman's game. Thistle even have a player who can't play official games until their transcender surgery is complete.
I can see why folk don't come out in the men's game to a degree. But that state of affairs isn't going to move anything on for young folk who want a career in the game but may feel intimated to take their football career further.
Apparently there is a gay footballer playing at Perth today according to a workmate. Personally I couldn't give a shit who they shag.

Hoping to sign Adam Johnson once he's out?

20 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

'Personally I couldn't give a shit who they shag'

Being gay isn't illegal. Do you assocdiate homosexuality with pedohilea?

No, absolutely not, it was a joke about your line that you don't care who they shag.

Fair enough. Not funny. But I've been there myself on occasion [emoji14]

Does anyone in 2017 genuinely care who is gay or Not? Serious question, it shouldn't even be a subject.

If you are heterosexual then great
Homosexual great

I do also appreciate that some people are backwards, plenty room at the bottom of Loch Ness for c***s stuck in a timewarp

Does anyone in 2017 genuinely care who is gay or Not? Serious question, it shouldn't even be a subject.

Most of the Trump voters I've encountered in real life and online are obsessed with the topic. One could be forgiven for wondering if they're over-compensating for...something.

• 11 months later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brighton-pride-2018-gay-footballers-premier-league-empty-bus-lgbtq-a8475766.html

An empty open-top bus will be paraded at this weekend’s Brighton Pride Festival highlighting the “statistical anomaly” that none of the 500 top level Premiership footballers registered to play are openly gay.

The Premier League has come under fire over its attitude towards homosexuality and the bus will contain every openly gay footballer on board – therefore leaving it empty.

The stunt was organised by Paddy Power, which is a partner of Brighton Pride, which is the country’s biggest LGBT+ event, and is being headlined by Britney Spears.

A spokesman for Paddy Power said: “The world’s best-watched league should reflect the community around it – in the UK, one in 50 people consider themselves LGBT+.

“And yet, in the Premier League, not one player is openly gay. So we’re calling on the league to boot itself into 2018, and create a welcoming environment for its first gay player.

“We think a Premier League footballer coming out as gay would have an extraordinary effect not just on the LGBT+ community, but society in general.

“They would spearhead profound change and, club colours aside, that’s something we support more than anything else.”

pp-pride-bus-001.jpg?w968h681

Now forgive me for being cynical, but I think this is patronising, counter-productive, borderline threatening and extremely cynical, aimed at generating publicity for Paddy Power much more than advancing any LGBT+ cause. If I were a gay footballer who wasn't open about it I'd feel under a lot more pressure from stuff like this than I would the thought of anyone finding out.

Archived