gay footballers

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

He even offered to manage for free.
Also Neil McCann was forced to wear denim shorts and take the ice bucket challenge every day naked at Pitreavie.

I'd forgotten that we hardly ever saw McCann with his top on. I'm quite happy for Sandy Clark to keep his top on. 

On a side note, It's worth remembering the bible is a lot of made up shite.

I also hate prawns and any other seafood*

*Fish Fingers (not a euph) are amazing though.

On 7/31/2017 at 20:40, throbber said:

I didn't know that about prawns. It is clear about its stance on homosexuality as it is about adultery and other things though, so how can someone who is going against something the bible so clearly objects to be able to preach the bible to others? Same goes for sex before marriage as well, the people i know who claim to be religious all had sex before they got married so do they just comply to the bibles rules when it suits them?

Pretty much. Most followers of organised religions are ridiculous hypocrites.

On 7/31/2017 at 20:45, Jacksgranda said:

It's in Leviticus. Clean and unclean foods and sundry other rules that are totally ignored, I don't think even ultra othordox* Jews follow them.

*orthodox, even

The ultra-orthodox ones do avoid it.

A Christian guy on a certain Glasgow clubbing forum (now sadly and cruelly shut down) once tried to convince folk that the shellfish ban was evidence of God's caring for his flock, as folk from the Middle East, particularly Jews, have a higher than average rate of shellfish allergy or intolerance.

He quoted KJ as evidence:

Leviticus 11:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

My argument was that if that was the case then surely all squid and octopus should also be banned, but Jewish people are not to my knowledge more likely to get sick after eating those. There are also some types of fish that don't have scales, and many of the shark family only have proto-scales, which is more like one big tough rubbery skin.

I like to think that I won and disproved the existence of God once and for all.

I think they were just talking about abusive behaviour, in general. Most disappointing was the reaction of Palace fans who carried on with their homophobic pish even after an LGBTQ Palace fans' group had urged them not to.

I'd like to have seen more attention paid to attitudes in the dressing room/training ground. Nobody is going to come out and face the wrath of bigoted crowds when they're not sure if their own teammates will even support them.

Also, the Fashanu daughter is a wid.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The good looking sexy one or the fat ugly one?

Nobody is masking homoerotic fantasies about fat ronaldo.

Portugese Ronaldo is such a gay though i bet he loves nothing more than getting all wet in the shower with his team mates, soaping each other up whilst the water runs down their glistening bodies and rock hard buns............................ sorry what were we talking about?

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nobody is masking homoerotic fantasies about fat ronaldo.

Portugese Ronaldo is such a gay though i bet he loves nothing more than getting all wet in the shower with his team mates, soaping each other up whilst the water runs down their glistening bodies and rock hard buns............................ sorry what were we talking about?

Please, Ronaldo obviously showers in one of those funfair "never ending refections" cubicle things.

Homophobia is a bit like racism in football used to be. It was only three decades ago that Emlyn Hughes made the "black players don't have the bottle" statement. We just need to keep chipping away at it. The rainbow laces campaign is a great way of making a positive statement. There are always a couple of players at every club prepared to take part.

Let's be honest here, men are pretty tribal and tend to behave like sheep when in a group, following the alpha males. I'd imagine the average dressing room is no different. It would take a pretty brave individual to be the first Scottish footballer to come out.

It's heartening to see that there are so many on this forum willing to make a stand against homophobia and the chances are that most players probably feel the same. It's just crossing that bridge and having the courage to speak your mind...

I've thought of a way round this. Every league club should be allocated an openly gay person and be expected to start them in every game, unless injured. Big clubs could have the more prominent ones. Graham Norton, Alan Carr etc. As you go down the divisions you just get a rubbish one.

I watched the episode of the Simpsons where the family met that gay friend of theirs called John and then Homer got freaked out when he found out he was gay. The episode must be about 20 years old but the levels of homophobia in it were rather potent and I doubt you would get away with it these days.

• 2 weeks later...

An actual gay person says the FA are going about it wrong: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40979452

British race walker Tom Bosworth has criticised the Football Association for wanting "to create a gay day".

FA chairman Greg Clarke told a Commons Select Committee last year that openly gay players may suffer "significant abuse" and has suggested they come out collectively rather than on their own.

But Bosworth, a high-profile openly gay athlete, revealed he met Clarke and told him his approach must "change".

"He really wants to get on top of it," said the 27-year-old.

Bosworth, who came out in 2015, told BBC Radio 5 live's Friday Sports Panel: "I felt like it was very much that they almost wanted to create a 'gay day' and have a few footballers come out together."

However, he said that "every case is individual", adding: "They might not be in a relationship. There might be no need for them to come out.

"They might be playing in the Premier League but, in the country they come from, it might still be illegal to be gay - so there's no chance of them coming out."

On 08/08/2017 at 18:51, Angusfifer said:

Homophobia is a bit like racism in football used to be. It was only three decades ago that Emlyn Hughes made the "black players don't have the bottle" statement. We just need to keep chipping away at it. The rainbow laces campaign is a great way of making a positive statement. There are always a couple of players at every club prepared to take part.

It's heartening to see that there are so many on this forum willing to make a stand against homophobia and the chances are that most players probably feel the same. It's just crossing that bridge and having the courage to speak your mind...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

10 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Im not sure you should watch the Simpsons because you clearly don't understand the points made in that episode.

Was that the one where he turned metrosexual after taking some fashion advice from a gay couple?

On 09/08/2017 at 07:29, throbber said:

I watched the episode of the Simpsons where the family met that gay friend of theirs called John and then Homer got freaked out when he found out he was gay. The episode must be about 20 years old but the levels of homophobia in it were rather potent and I doubt you would get away with it these days.

The episode is literally called 'Homer's Phobia'...

Archived