Jimmy Smeaton Armadale Thistle

Vollyman

Nice to see Jimmy awarded a Long Service Award by the Scottish Junior Football Association which was presented by John Reilly the East Region Secretary at the club's annual dinner. Jimmy was secretary of the Dale for 37 years

I met Jimmy through the Armadale Sons of Wallace Tartan Army club and the man is a true gentleman. A one off and he has been a cornerstone at Armadale for years. In fact I actually have a picture of him in some far off country ( Slovenia I think ) with a Rose top on . It's something he does like to mention :-) Some day Jimmy the picture will appear in the Goth :-)

Well done and a great recognition for a real gent of the game

The mans not just a legend at Armadale thistle but the whole town . Another great day yesterday at the clubs 22nd annual dinner ,jimmy will remain a fundraiser and event organiser for his beloved dale .although no longer on the committee . JIMMY SMEATON A TRUE JUNIOR LEGEND

His has nothing to do with the jimmy smeaton thread . As a person who attended yesterday's match at parkview . I took the decision early doors to move away from the area at the "HOWF" and coo shed . Allowing people to bye BOTTLES N CANS off beer inside the ground with no control is an appetite for disaster . Luckily some people in the area had more sense than the bam pots . But I think as a club you need to look in before you look out . Luckily the trouble was quickly quelled .

Archived