Big Peterhead Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're closer to 4th than 10th.

That may be true but if we don't pick up 3 points on Saturday then that wont be the case. We then play Forfar and Brechin and if those game don't go out way then we are going to be in a right scrap. Although we have only lost 4 games our play is stale and we don't seem to be able to create chances to win games. I think we have the squad to be doing better and think most fans believe we can but we are not seeing anything on the pitch to back this up.

I think the cup run will also be impacting on us so now that is on the back burner we might improve but it has to start on Saturday or it is going to be too late.

Cracking article. I was very fortunate to spend quite a bit of time in McInally's company a few years ago and I have nothing but respect for the man. He splits opinions amongst fans but I think he's a class act who speaks his mind......just as Cloughie & McLean did before him.

Reading that article I drew parallels with him and Cloughie with regards to "the 2 Nottingham lads" and the work McInally did with Davie Cox when he was at Peterhead and going through a hard time.

Cracking article. I was very fortunate to spend quite a bit of time in McInally's company a few years ago and I have nothing but respect for the man. He splits opinions amongst fans but I think he's a class act who speaks his mind......just as Cloughie & McLean did before him.

Reading that article I drew parallels with him and Cloughie with regards to "the 2 Nottingham lads" and the work McInally did with Davie Cox when he was at Peterhead and going through a hard time.

Aye Jim has been great for Peterhead to be honest. I think I have been critical of him as he can be stubborn and play his favourites when the fans are crying for change, but to be honest I think this is probably our most successful period ever with a first ever title and a cup final.

Aye Jim has been great for Peterhead to be honest. I think I have been critical of him as he can be stubborn and play his favourites when the fans are crying for change, but to be honest I think this is probably our most successful period ever with a first ever title and a cup final.

Jim has always stood up for his players & the club. He has also built up a great rapport with the majority of our support which for a club like ours makes a big difference. Don't know if many managers would be as approachable as Jim, have spoken with him plenty times & he tells it as he see,s it. Hopefully the club & Jim continue the good work for a long time yet.

Jim has always stood up for his players & the club. He has also built up a great rapport with the majority of our support which for a club like ours makes a big difference. Don't know if many managers would be as approachable as Jim, have spoken with him plenty times & he tells it as he see,s it. Hopefully the club & Jim continue the good work for a long time yet.

Jim has a job for life at Balmoor if he wants it.

Jim has a job for life at Balmoor if he wants it.

Jim is great with the fans and is always honest in his interviews so we maybe can't ask much more. There has been a real lack of buzz around the town with regards to our club for a long time and I hope he can can continue to change with the success we have been having.

I think I am just too quick to criticise! To be fair though we weren't in a good position when I started this thread. We seemed to have improved the last few weeks though. Thankfully the players out against Livi wasn't through injury so hopefully we can keep it going.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on loan players, looks like we might be short of cover from the new year.

Peterhead have confirmed that Jassem Sukar has returned to Dundee Utd following the expiry of his short-term loan. The 19 year old made a handful of appearances and helped the Blue Toon reach the Petrofac Training Cup final. He was also part of the team, which drew 0-0 at Dunfermline in League 1.

Cammy Kerr is nearing the end of his second stint at Balmoor. The PFC Young Player of the Year from last season remains on loan from Dundee but will return to his parent club when the deal comes to an end in the next few weeks. The attacking full back, who has six months left on his Dens Park contract, will look to impress his manager Paul Hartley in the second half of the campaign.
As things stand, Ally Gilchrist is due to go back to St Johnstone in January. His manager Tommy Wright has been monitoring his progress and watched the left-sided central defender in action at Forfar on Tuesday.

Yes he has been good for Peterhead but I think 'a job for life' that's a bit far.

We knew from the first game of the season, when it still wasn't too late to sign, we were short of defenders and to rely on loans to make up numbers isn't good management. Now the problem we had for the game against Livingston could be a recurring problem from January.

Archived