Big Peterhead Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway back to the moaning. I see Jim has been saying in the paper that Cammy hasn't been up to speed this season. That's is slightly worrying considering apart from a couple of mistakes he has looked better than last year and in some games our best player overall. Although he is saying that we should have a full squad for tomorrow.

Anyway back to the moaning. I see Jim has been saying in the paper that Cammy hasn't been up to speed this season. That's is slightly worrying considering apart from a couple of mistakes he has looked better than last year and in some games our best player overall. Although he is saying that we should have a full squad for tomorrow.

I really do wonder if he watches the same games as we do.

I spoke to Scotty Tait before the season kicked off and playoff was the minimum they were expecting. However we disagreed about a number of players and their abilities. It is rather a shame that my unflattering appraisals qere rather accurate. :(

I really do wonder if he watches the same games as we do.

I spoke to Scotty Tait before the season kicked off and playoff was the minimum they were expecting. However we disagreed about a number of players and their abilities. It is rather a shame that my unflattering appraisals qere rather accurate. :(

Well who has been our best 3 players so far in your opinion, and if you mention Sutherland then you are watching different games. We have been fairly pish on the whole though so your assessments are perhaps correct.

Good result today although I missed the game, puts us back in the right direction at least.

Well who has been our best 3 players so far in your opinion, and if you mention Sutherland then you are watching different games. We have been fairly pish on the whole though so your assessments are perhaps correct.

Good result today although I missed the game, puts us back in the right direction at least.

Can I stick to 2? Kerr amd Redman are the only two that I wouls give pass marks to. Smith in goals would get added to the list if he started going for crosses. I don't know why we have auch an issue with this at Peterhead. I can't remember the last time we had a keeper that sis this. Possibly Kula?

I also didn't make it to the game today but it seems like McIntosh scores most time he gets on. Perhaps we should be giving him a start and seing how that plays out.

Sutherland and Rory hasn't worked for us and I cannot see any justification to persevere with them but I am sure we will be forced to change soon as I see Rory picked up another yellow today.

In my opinion it isn't just the results but the way we are playing tactically that is the problem. We always seem to go behind and then make some subs and chase the game. I would like to see us playing with the same tactics and tempo at the start of the games and score a good few early goals. We can then make the subs to batten down the hatches once we are in front.

Can I stick to 2? Kerr amd Redman are the only two that I wouls give pass marks to. Smith in goals would get added to the list if he started going for crosses. I don't know why we have auch an issue with this at Peterhead. I can't remember the last time we had a keeper that sis this. Possibly Kula?

I also didn't make it to the game today but it seems like McIntosh scores most time he gets on. Perhaps we should be giving him a start and seing how that plays out.

Sutherland and Rory hasn't worked for us and I cannot see any justification to persevere with them but I am sure we will be forced to change soon as I see Rory picked up another yellow today.

In my opinion it isn't just the results but the way we are playing tactically that is the problem. We always seem to go behind and then make some subs and chase the game. I would like to see us playing with the same tactics and tempo at the start of the games and score a good few early goals. We can then make the subs to batten down the hatches once we are in front.

I also missed the game yesterday but that all seems a fair assessment. Redman has been good. Smith doesn't get my pass marks for his kicking, never picked up on the crossing. I think you are spot on about the tactics, we only seem to really pressure teams when we are losing. Although in the Stenny game closing up shop on a 3-0 lead was good sense to be fair. 2 wins on the run now so we can hopefully build some momentum and still be in with a shout in the new year.

Think I said on the club site that I was disappointed in Shanes performances. A couple f weeks on the bench might not do him any harm. Also said that Leighton must be pushing for a start-soon hopefully. Starting to look like Andy was only re-signed as cover for injuries/suspensions. Redman's been my favourite player the last couple of seasons, unsure why he's been on the bench lately-injury or other players wages dictating? Agree with the comments re Smith, fantastic shot stopper, but doesn't command his box for me. Open 1 up for discussion here-I would also give pass marks to Rory & Nicky.

Agree with that Rory has looked a lot better than last season and I think I said somewhere that Shane reminds me of Rory from last season, so maybe he will come good. Redman is good but I always think he plays best in the centre and not on the right as he sometimes is. Leighton is now our second highest scorer and I think he must be due a couple of starts now.

Not sure about Nicky, nothing standing out off the top of my head.

Agree with that Rory has looked a lot better than last season and I think I said somewhere that Shane reminds me of Rory from last season, so maybe he will come good. Redman is good but I always think he plays best in the centre and not on the right as he sometimes is. Leighton is now our second highest scorer and I think he must be due a couple of starts now.

Not sure about Nicky, nothing standing out off the top of my head.

Agree with your comment re Jamie Redman. As I said, possible other deciding factors on his lack of game time this season. Leightons time must be coming. Nicky for workrate & always showing for the ball, as much as anything.

12 games in (6 at home and 6 away) so I have run up some stats for the team so far (league only using BBC reports)

Overall average possession has been 51%

Home
W 2
D 3
L 1

Attempts: 72
On Target: 26
Goals For: 11
Goals Against: 9

Away
W 1
D 2
L 3

Attempts: 64
On Target: 31
Goals For: 10

Goals Against: 9

Certainly we are not looking clinical with the number of attempts compared to goals, but scoring isn't really our issue.

Was looking at the stats for our defence playing with Noble and/or Ross:

With:

W 1
L 3
D 5

Without:
W 2
L
D 1

However, Gilchrist has played every game so not sure these stats show anything about their performances, just done it for interest.

Possible only good thing at the moment is Rory is now on 17 goals for the season League and Cup.

What do Blockley and McIntosh have to do to start a game - too many players selected on reputation and not form. Bottom 2 places are beckoning us unless we can tighten up at the back.

Don't think conceding goals has been a problem for Peterhead this season - they've shipped 18 so far, the fifth-best record in the division.

Don't think conceding goals has been a problem for Peterhead this season - they've shipped 18 so far, the fifth-best record in the division.

It isn't always our defenders though, it is the way we play as a team. We can't seem to work as a unit and see games out, we just sit back and invite pressure or make silly mistakes. We are just not getting it right as a team.

From the website:

Peterhead youngster Cammy Kerr misses the League 1 trip to Dunfermline after his stoppage time sending off against Stenhousemuir.

In a further blow, the on loan Dundee defender will also sit out the Petrofac Training Cup semi final the following week against Queen's Park at Hampden.

I guess it will be back to Blockley at RB for those two games.

Peterhead have completed the loan signing of Dundee Utd defender Jassem Sukar.

The 19 year old joins the club for a month and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's League 1 match at Dunfermline.
Another defender in. Apparently a left sided centre back.

Archived