Big Peterhead Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old adage, "we're too good to go down" seems to be quite appropriate to describe us at the moment. It will become a distinct possibility if we don't stop the downward spiral that we are in at the moment. We have to get back to basics and learn to defend better and not give away silly goals. Well organised we may well be but our inability to kill off a team when on top is costing us dearly and when you have a leaky defence like ours, we need at least a couple of goals to give ourselves a chance.

Personally, I would start with McAllister and Rodgers up front as this seemed to work at times last season and perhaps try Blockley at left back until Noble regains his fitness/form again as he is becoming easily exposed. Midfield is a real enigma and several combinations have been tried to no great success.

It is too early to push the panic button, however, the finger is hovering and we must try and at least win our home games, with our last win at home being in August against Dunfermline!!

Your left back yesterday was your best player (no30)

Your left back yesterday was your best player (no30)

Aye but problem is he is the right back. Too much chopping and changing and playing out of position meaning it is no wonder we are making mistakes.

In 2010-11 Peterhead reached the semi-final of the Alba/Petrofac/Mickey Mouse Cup. They lost to a team with "Queen" in their name, The team then fell apart, went on a run of 17 games without a win and got relegated. Could history repeat itself?

There is no doubt in my mind that the team is under-achieving. On paper we have one of the best squads in the division, but on a football pitch they look like a group of individuals who get to train together just once a week.

There is no point in punting McInally at this stage. He has engineered a situation where he has bundled together a squad of players who hail from Tain to Paisley and finding somebody else to manage such a geographically-diverse group would be not be easy. If he goes, a lot of the squad would then be looking for a get-out, especially those that are only at the club because of the manager.

If any-one is unconvinced that McInally is he right man for the job, who would they suggest takes over? The most successful manager in the Highland League right now is John Sheran. I rst my case

I've having to get the supporters bus up in January because of your town's stupid lack of a train station. For that reason, I have no sympathy.

With all due respect, this Scottish Government seem more intent spending money in the Central Belt. Numerous extensions to the M74, Edinburgh trams, Queensferry Bridge etc. No money left for rail line to Peterhead which the inhabitants would dearly love!

I'm sure we're the furthest senior team in Britain from a train station. Could be speaking shite though.

I did not realise until I read this thread that Peterhead was not on the mainline railway system. It must be the furthest league side in Britain from the railway system as there are certainly non in England that I can think of. In fact I can't think of any clubs in England that don't have a station never mind be 30 miles away from one.

Mansfield did not have one for many years but the line was reopened in the 90's. Prior to that it was the largest town in Britain without a railway connection.

You also have Forfar and Brechin without one, which I found quite annoying when I stayed at Perth for a St Johnstone home match on a Friday night and went to Forfar by public transport on the Saturday. To make matters worse, there was engineering work on the line and even the Perth to Dundee section was by bus.

^^^ Buswanker.

Could always try buying a car.

To be fair there are things that go together and Football and Alcohol are definitely two of those things. This is one of the main reasons we normally stay over after away games or trips into Scotland when I am with the lads. Nowt worse than just driving to the match and straight home afterwards.

When I come up on my own, I use the car, even then, like the Forfar trip, if I can leave the car alone for the day and use public transport then I will.

The current Scottish government did not want the trams. I'd also say a new Forth crossing was a tad more important than giving Peterhead a train station.

Maybe start a crowdfunder?

Aye cause the old one was falling down. :rolleyes:

We have neither a train nor a dual carriageway road but we do have some of the most dangerous roads in Scotland. Weight that against the notion that somehow replacing something that already exists is a tad more important.

SNP vanity project.

Aye cause the old one was falling down. :rolleyes:

We have neither a train nor a dual carriageway road but we do have some of the most dangerous roads in Scotland. Weight that against the notion that somehow replacing something that already exists is a tad more important.

SNP vanity project.

Fife has the most dangerous road in the UK, suck it up.

Archived