Ash vs Evil Dead

milton75

Well that was brilliant, Ash goes home and everything turns to shite, tremendous TV, Bruce Campbell is an acting God!!!
As dIsgusting and in as bad taste as the first season, you just can't go wrong!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/10/2016 at 21:12, King Kebab said:

Well that was brilliant, Ash goes home and everything turns to shite, tremendous TV, Bruce Campbell is an acting God!!!
As dIsgusting and in as bad taste as the first season, you just can't go wrong!!!

just watched the first episode of season 2 mate, can see season 2 being better than 1, fantastic slapstick horror, plus bruce campbell and his boomstick is a winning combo anyday

The application of the cologne as an essential part of the preparation for fighting the assorted hell beasts is what stole it for me!!!
That and the straight to camera look from Ash after the aforesaid application, brilliant stuff!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up on this last night - I mean I thought season 1 was good, overall, but season 2 has been absolutely great, they've just gone baws oot for this season so far.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I had so much fun watching television.

I wasn't convinced that Kelly would be any good early on in season 1 but she (the character and the actress) has really grown on me, look forward to her arc.

I'm hoping Pedro gets to have at least one episode where he gets to be the complete badass kicking the shit out of some demons n' deadites, though.

caught up on it last night there, utterly fantastic,

ash's dad dying sucked, was hoping he'd become a side show that helped out from time to time, although i suppose this means ash leaves his hometown again so ties up a loose end, the possessed car was outstanding (reminded me of the wearcar in the episode of futurama years ago) and the death when the car lowers the spinning wheel onto the guys face was simply brutally outstanding

oh and season 3 has been ordered by STARZ, yyyaaasss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Very good start, think the really short episode length really makes it pack more of a punch as they've got to get a load of info in while maintaining the usual high amounts of intensely graphic slaughter that you want/expect from the show. It managed to set up and unravel Ash's new life in just a short half hour and still have a ridiculously high killcount, the death by harp was absolutely glorious and Ash's tv ad for his store was hilarious but I did think the "Antiques Roadshow" guy seemed to be a bit over qualified though!!!

Would also like to say what a waste Brandy's mate Rachel was, an absolute wid (even as a deadite), bit of a Margot Robbie vibe there, she should have been In the show longer!!![emoji7]

On 27/02/2018 at 10:12, King Kebab said:

Very good start, think the really short episode length really makes it pack more of a punch as they've got to get a load of info in while maintaining the usual high amounts of intensely graphic slaughter that you want/expect from the show. It managed to set up and unravel Ash's new life in just a short half hour and still have a ridiculously high killcount, the death by harp was absolutely glorious and Ash's tv ad for his store was hilarious but I did think the "Antiques Roadshow" guy seemed to be a bit over qualified though!!!

Would also like to say what a waste Brandy's mate Rachel was, an absolute wid (even as a deadite), bit of a Margot Robbie vibe there, she should have been In the show longer!!!emoji7.png

Top quality opening episode, the bit with ruby had an alien vibe to it, but the bit at the end when he's getting the name of the lassie wrong is hilarious, another good season ahead by looks of things

The showdown in the sperm bank set to the tune of A-Ha's Take On Me was simply glorious and one of the funniest yet, already just after two episodes I think this season looks like it's going to be the best yet!!!

Archived