World cup 2018 campaign

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bully Di Villa said:

Not sure. What we ideally want is an England manager good enough to beat Slovenia but bad enough to lose to Scotland.

I think our aim until no longer possible is to avoid the play-offs, considering the likely opposition. As unrealistic as it may seem, we need to try and win the group first and foremost. And to do that we need Slovenia to take something from England and then we do the same (or better).

I think our aim until no longer possible is to avoid the play-offs, considering the likely opposition. As unrealistic as it may seem, we need to try and win the group first and foremost. And to do that we need Slovenia to take something from England and then we do the same (or better).

We don't want Slovenia taking anything from England, that's exactly what happened with Ireland and Germany.

Play offs would be a great result, finishing within touching distance of England would be a bonus.

Pretty sure England won 9 or 10 games in the last qualifying group. Southfail is an unexpecteded bonus for us but to be honest I should be able to manage that England team and still beat us (not that I would :P).

5 hours ago, QwaarJet said:

I can see us avoiding the playoffs with several points to spare...

Spoiler

in 3rd place :whistle

6 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I don't want England to smash everyone, f**k that. Draws all round in their games would be perfect.

ETA and two losses to us obviously.

I definitely don't want anyone taking points from England given your scenario is blatantly not going to happen.

11 hours ago, resk said:

Does anyone know how the ticket sales are going for the Lithuania game?

Looking at the website, vast swathes of the stadium are now not available for purchase.  Usually means they're sold out, although parts will be blocked off for corporate I imagine.  Around 100 seats left in the West, around the same in the East, although there's one block with pretty much no tickets sold.  South has a few scattered around.  North completely sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived