World cup 2018 campaign

Hanley not good enough? He absolutely dominated Lewandowski in the air last night and in general has been decent for Scotland. Even if he wasn't good enough there isn't much better out there.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley not good enough? He absolutely dominated Lewandowski in the air last night and in general has been decent for Scotland. Even if he wasn't good enough there isn't much better out there.

I've been a big critic of Hanley but yeh I thought he played well last night. Martin was the big disappointment of the two, namely his distribution which was terrible.

In two years time we'll be on here having needed a draw away to Slovenia to get into the play offs, probably losing 2-1 due to an injury time own goal. We will take four points from Malta and Lithuania and everybody else will tank them.

Done- agree with those - would also add:

McGregor

Whittaker

Hutton

In - agree with those too but would also consider for the future:

Greg Stewart

Scott Bain

Callum Paterson

Gary Mackay-Steven

Sam Nicholson

Out - not good enough:

Hanley

Berra

Needs dropped out of first XI:

Brown

So Hanley and berra out with not a single centre half replacing them. Aye good one

In two years time we'll be on here having needed a draw away to Slovenia to get into the play offs, probably losing 2-1 due to an injury time own goal. We will take four points from Malta and Lithuania and everybody else will tank them.

England will be more up for tanking us than anyone else also. Could be tough times.

Some of these names being bandied about... jeesh.

Craig Brown selected the likes of Tosh McKinlay and Darren Jackson, and they were unfashionable picks. They both did well for Scotland. There's no telling who'll do well until you try them.

Scotland need bring bright player or blood players to midfielder centre, striker and centre back like Wilshere, Barkley, Chamberlain, Stone, Coleman, Waltcott, Rooney and Terry

Don't think they're eligible for Scotland tbh.

Slovenia look poor tonight, Slovakia losing at home to Belarus.

Let's start some hype a bit early

No hype required. We have a favourable draw.

We'll all calm down. The players and manager will re-group, we'll have a derby game with England and a relatively easy group. Runners-up spot is as good as ours, with a possibility of winning the group.

No hype required. We have a favourable draw.

We'll all calm down. The players and manager will re-group, we'll have a derby game with England and a relatively easy group. Runners-up spot is as good as ours, with a possibility of winning the group.

I'm booking my flights to Russia now. Silly not to.

So Hanley and berra out with not a single centre half replacing them. Aye good one

You clearly can't read.

Wasn't doing like for like. Didn't even do ins but mentioned players for the FUTURE.

As centre halves I think they are not up to it. I'd rather have Mark Reynolds than that pair. f**k I'd rather have Gavin Gunning.

Scotland need bring bright player or blood players to midfielder centre, striker and centre back like Wilshere, Barkley, Chamberlain, Stone, Coleman, Waltcott, Rooney and Terry

Righteeo pal . We will start calling this lot up as soon as we pump Gib . cheers

Done- agree with those - would also add:

McGregor

Whittaker

Hutton

In - agree with those too but would also consider for the future:

Greg Stewart

Scott Bain

Callum Paterson

Gary Mackay-Steven

Sam Nicholson

Out - not good enough:

Hanley