World cup 2018 campaign

He has a point tho. I wanted to get carried away by Celtic's performance last week but tonight - with a bit of heat and opponents that were on their game - they looked all at sea. Doesn't mean Griff or Forrest are suddenly crap, but it does mean we have to consider how they'll contribute to a Scotland team that might well be toiling in a similar fashion.
I'd still start Griff and maybe Forrest, but I'm not expecting miracles from either.

One game. One fucking game. A game where Janko and Gordon nearly single handedly fucked everybody over. Just a slight overreaction..

I hope Griffiths and Forrest still start next week.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Gordon should be nowhere near the squad based on form. He's been rank rotten for about 6 month now. In saying that though - absolutely no-one looks like they're going to be making the step up to seriously challenge Marshall in the very near future.

I don't think Marshall's position has ever been in a safer position with Bain not carrying his form into this season, and Jack Hamilton just appearing on the scene. It's a worry that our second choice isn't exactly Mr reliable right now.

One game. One fucking game.

It's not one game at all. Celtic have been horrendous in all three of the away qualifiers they've played, and not terribly convincing in the other three either. Much like any other of their European campaigns from the last three years or so. It's clear that Gordon, Brown, Forrest, Griffiths don't look at all comfortable when they aren't allowed the freedom to play they enjoy every week domestically. This is something any competent Scotland manager has to always bare in mind.

And who are you having Forrest ahead of out of interest? This should be good [emoji38]

Craig Gordon should be nowhere near the squad based on form. He's been rank rotten for about 6 month now. In saying that though - absolutely no-one looks like they're going to be making the step up to seriously challenge Marshall in the very near future.

I don't think Marshall's position has ever been in a safer position with Bain not carrying his form into this season, and Jack Hamilton just appearing on the scene. It's a worry that our second choice isn't exactly Mr reliable right now.

Sad to say but I'd agree, Marshall number 1 without a doubt. Gordon's done.

I thought Gordon did fine tonight. Janko was a mess and he was to blame for that disastrous goal.

One game. One fucking game. A game where Janko and Gordon nearly single handedly fucked everybody over. Just a slight overreaction..

I hope Griffiths and Forrest still start next week.

I get it - it's just a single game, but the tie shows how players can look like world beaters when their side have a grip on the game then look lost when that balance tilts the other way.

My point is more that we shouldn't get too excited about it when Griffiths rattles in a hattrick in the SPFL Prem, but also not throw in the towel when he looks isolation a game like tonight's.

I get it - it's just a single game, but the tie shows how players can look like world beaters when their side have a grip on the game then look lost when that balance tilts the other way.

My point is more that we shouldn't get too excited about it when Griffiths rattles in a hattrick in the SPFL Prem, but also not throw in the towel when he looks isolation a game like tonight's.

Don't disagree with that second paragraph. Griffiths at this moment in time is probably our best striker, he's even playing in the same role for Celtic as he would for Scotland. Get him in there regardless of how shite the rest of his team plays. Watched that game tonight and it certainly wasn't his fault Celtic ended up a shambles.

Oliver McBurnie and Jay Fulton both started and scored for Swansea tonight. I'm not saying they should be involved right now btw just wasnt sure where to post it. 

Saw that. Would be great if McBurnie in particular was given a place in the squad for the next EPL game based on his brace tonight.

40 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Tierney got totally roasted in this game and looked like a little boy

Tierney got totally roasted in this game and looked like a little boy

Disagree, I think he did as well as he could given the rest of his team were having a shitemare. He always looks in command and chooses the right ball more often than not.

He's about twice the size of Andy Robertson and only 19 year old. Been consistently very good for Celtic. Poor tonight but so was everybody. It's ashame he's not right footed instead.

So who are you having Forrest ahead of? Snodgrass? Ritchie? Burke? Anya?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bannans been absolutely strolling the Championship so far, watched them play Norwich and he looked a class above everyone else.

I take it folk are just plucking random names out to criticise now?

Folk constantly moan when Bannan gets called up, but he's a very good player who has pretty much always performed for us.  I'd pick him alongside Fletcher or McArthur in central midfield for the Malta game.

Griffiths is our best striker by a mile, but got no service at all last night. More worryingly, that Celtic performance and set up was almost like watching Scotland in an away game.

I don't know what position McBurnie plays, but I'd include him for his name alone.

Archived