World cup 2018 campaign

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes would bring more to the team than Fletcher and Gordon Greer is 35. Even in the unlikely event of us qualifying, he'll be nowhere near the squad then. Must be a Scottish centre-half between 12 spl clubs who would be a better option looking ahead.

I disagree, i think McCormack should have been in the squad, at the expense of Martin, and I don't think Rhodes would bring anything to the table that we don't have. Fletcher's inclusion, with Naismith, Griffiths and McCormack (in an ideal world) would give us a much greater variety in the types of striker we could employ.

Your other point about "there must be someone" is nonsense. Unfortunately, there isn't. And just because he won't be in the squad in 2 years time doesn't mean he's not the best option we have at the minute.

Looking at the current SPL squads, why are/have the following been overlooked. Apologies if any are Injured.

Aberdeen - Graeme Shinnie (25)
Hamilton - Michael Devlin (22)
Ross Co. - Marcus Fraser (22)
Hearts - John Souttar (19)

Looking at the current SPL squads, why are/have the following been overlooked. Apologies if any are Injured.

Aberdeen - Graeme Shinnie (25)
Hamilton - Michael Devlin (22)
Ross Co. - Marcus Fraser (22)
Hearts - John Souttar (19)

Because we have better LBs and Central midfielders.

Can't be serious.

Can't be serious.

Fucking lol.

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I disagree, i think McCormack should have been in the squad, at the expense of Martin, and I don't think Rhodes would bring anything to the table that we don't have. Fletcher's inclusion, with Naismith, Griffiths and McCormack (in an ideal world) would give us a much greater variety in the types of striker we could employ.

Your other point about "there must be someone" is nonsense. Unfortunately, there isn't. And just because he won't be in the squad in 2 years time doesn't mean he's not the best option we have at the minute.

Enjoy the next generation of national embarrassment :thumsup2

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Because we have better LBs and Central midfielders.

Can't be serious.

Can't be serious.

Fucking lol.

Bring back the Caldwells, all is forgiven. That night in Norway was something else.

Plenty experience/best option at the time mind.

27 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

All laughter and anger aside, It's a sad indictment of how Scottish football has declined and been utterly shite since we last qualified for the WC in 1998. My first visit to Hampden for a Scotland game was in 1982 against East Germany. Even with no Dalglish that night, this was a side rammed with quality who with their respective clubs, picked up numerous trophies at home and in European club competitions.

http://www.scotlandfootballstats.co.uk/match-details/13-10-1982/scotland-east-germany/

We could produce these players then, so why not now? The blame lies squarely at the feet of those who run our game.

That side rammed with quality who with their respective clubs, picked up numerous trophies at home and in European club competitions finished BOTTOM of their Euro 84 qualifying group behind such 80s footballing behemoths as East Germany and Switzerland.

We could produce players who finished bottom of their group then, thankfully we dont now. The blame lies squarely at the feet of those running the game for not ensuring we continually produce a shitier team than we currently have.

Just now, drs said:

That side rammed with quality who with their respective clubs, picked up numerous trophies at home and in European club competitions finished BOTTOM of their Euro 84 qualifying group behind such 80s footballing behemoths as East Germany and Switzerland.

We could produce players who finished bottom of their group then, thankfully we dont now. The blame lies squarely at the feet of those running the game for not ensuring we continually produce a shitier team than we currently have.

So the shite we've put up with for the last 20 years were actually decent sides. That is reassuring, it's the taking part that counts.

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

So the shite we've put up with for the last 20 years were actually decent sides. That is reassuring, it's the taking part that counts.

Well clearly not but they have all performed better than that side rammed with quality who with their respective clubs, picked up numerous trophies at home and in European club competitions.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, because throwing Mikey Devlin in would solve that clearly.

Never said that m9. Just that picking a 35yo who probably won't even be involved handing out the half-time oranges is a bit short-sighted.

4 minutes ago, drs said:

Well clearly not but they have all performed better than that side rammed with quality who with their respective clubs, picked up numerous trophies at home and in European club competitions.

Are you doing the festival this year?

Bring back the Caldwells, all is forgiven. That night in Norway was something else.

Plenty experience/best option at the time mind.

Souttar is a good football player with the ball at his feet but he'll never amount to anything higher than the the Scottish Premiership, still young but as it stands he's not any use in any position. He can play a 40 yard ball and take a great touch but he can't defend when he plays at the back and is a passenger when he plays in midfield.

34 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

My god :lol: I never said you brought up Stokes.

You brought up money as the only factor that would make someone choose Hibs over Caley. Then continued to go on about it after it was pointed out that an all things being financially equal choice between the two had actually happened. 

The link involved me searching "John Hughes Stokes". Weak, weak stuff.

Strugglin'.

Pointed out by someone who knows the financial deal that was agreed between Celtic and Hibs I take it?  You do know Hibs will have paid some of Stokes wages yes?

Deary me.

Never said that m9. Just that picking a 35yo who probably won't even be involved handing out the half-time oranges is a bit short-sighted.

Whereas throwing in players who've done absolutely nothing to suggest they'll ever be even nearly good enough is much better.

Suppose Hanley and Martin pick up knocks, would you rather turn to Greer or Devlin?

Archived