World cup 2018 campaign

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

It's not strange at all. He put in a MOTM display against Denmark on his debut and is one of the best midfielders we have. Bizarre that you'd want him dropped from the squad.

If he's that good then why does he play in the 2nd tier in Scotland?  The MOTM given to him against Denmark was ominous as well.

I'm sure he looks good against Raith, Ayr and QoS every week right enough.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Patterson is in the squad to build him up as the natural successor to Hutton, all he needs is a chance to shine and make sure he grabs it with both hands. Hutton looks to finally be getting found out by RDM at Villa although with a 46 game season he will likely play often.

CB really is a concern. I am quite voiceferous about Greer but as has been pointed out, who replaces him?? I honestly couldn't pick anyone, who is there?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

If he's that good then why does he play in the 2nd tier in Scotland?  The MOTM given to him against Denmark was ominous as well.

I quite like McGinn, seems to have something! Lets be fair though he isn't going to get starts in the big games ahead of the favorites anyway and despite what League he is in he is 100% better than dirge like Kevin McDonald who only selected because he plays in England, his CLubmate Cairney is the better player as well so that's even weirder but hey ho!

Perhaps McGinn feels playing at Hibs every week under a good Manager in Lennon , he can learn from him, rather than sit on a bench for pish like Birmingham or Rotherham would suit him more. Id rather we called up guys like him if they have the right attitude and ability.

Erm, because we're a much more attractive club to play for than the majority of 'Premiership' teams. The fact plenty of our players over the last couple of seasons have knocked back fop-flight teams to play for us confirms that. Sure you know best though.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

Erm, because we're a much more attractive club to play for than the majority of 'Premiership' teams. The fact plenty of our players over the last couple of seasons have knocked back fop-flight teams to play for us confirms that. Sure you know best though.

Aye, it's definitely better and more attractive to play at a lower standard at Hibs than in the Premiership. Gr8 shout there.

Yep, on this occasion, I know better than you.

:lol:

Aye, it's definitely better and more attractive to play at a lower standard at Hibs than in the Premiership. Gr8 shout there.

Yep, on this occasion, I know better than you.

Are you trying to say players find it more attractive to play for shite like Caley Thistle than Hibernian?

Ask Stokesy on that one. :lol: 

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

Are you trying to say players find it more attractive to play for shite like Caley Thistle than Hibernian?

Ask Stokesy on that one. :lol:

Absolutely cutting.

I'm saying McGinn turned down Premiership clubs because Hibs are willing to pay him more.  That's the only attractive thing about staying at Hibs over say a Caley Thistle or a St Johnstone.  No surprise to see your comments on him being 'one of the best midfielders we have' being rightly laughed at.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Absolutely cutting.

I'm saying McGinn turned down Premiership clubs because Hibs are willing to pay him more.  That's the only attractive thing about staying at Hibs over say a Caley Thistle or a St Johnstone.  No surprise to see your comments on him being 'one of the best midfielders we have' being rightly laughed at.

I just don't think you understand.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I just don't think you understand.

I was actually singing that song in my head as I was typing my previous reply.

No idea why folk get so hung up on what level players (particularly young players) are playing at, rather than just judging them on ability.  McGinn is one of the best midfielders in the SPFL, and there is nothing wrong with him being picked here.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

No idea why folk get so hung up on what level players (particularly young players) are playing at, rather than just judging them on ability.  McGinn is one of the best midfielders in the SPFL, and there is nothing wrong with him being picked here.

^^gets it.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A players ability is based on players they're playing against surely?  Which in McGinn's case is Scottish Championship standard.

40 minutes ago, tintax said:

Steven Fletcher 1 goal in his last 25 games..  Infuriating to think that he will probably start ahead of Griffiths against Malta.

Greer's continued involvement in the national set-up is depressing.  Doing us no good in the long run to continue to call up players like him.

But...but...but he brings all the attacking midfielders into play and they score loads of goals instead. Oh no, hold on, they don't.

Archived