Junior Day

megaspinnernet2

Surely more sensible for the SJFA to participate in the existing Non-League Day (which is next Saturday as it so happens), versus setting-up any rival.

Non-League Day happens each autumn and usually several Senior leagues here are involved, e.g. looking on their website the LL, EOSL & SOSL are included this year.

Granted the lack of fixture lists would make it harder for Juniors to plan things too far in advance.

it is to try and get senior fans to go and watch their local non leauge/junior side it dosent mean convert fans but to get a taste of it

I fully understand what it is, but what I'm asking is if there is a noticeable spike in attendances on the day? is there an appetite for it?

It seems like a good idea to bring fresh feet through the gates and I know a few Old Firm guys who already go to Pollok whenever their Senior side is out of action because they like the Saturday ritual. Some of them even admit a slight preference for the Junior experience because it's a far better laugh.

So there's an opportunity in there somewhere if it's presented correctly. You never hear the end of Senior fans bemoaning how "Modern Football is Rubbish" so the Juniors - with a bit of well aimed marketing - can present itself as a lively, vibrant alternative to the sterile fayre they normally experience.

I fully understand what it is, but what I'm asking is if there is a noticeable spike in attendances on the day? is there an appetite for it?

It's a MASSIVE event down south every year, all the clubs and the leagues really put their all into it and footfall through the gates is markedly up because the public buy into it brilliantly. A concerted effort, everyone shares the work and the cost and they get exactly what they deserve from it. Many clubs report improvements in attendances after the event as well, it's not just a one weekend wonder.

Absolutely no reason why Scottish Junior football can't get involved with this, it should be a no brainer.

www.troonfc.com/

Archived