What song or music would you like played at your funeral?

ICTJohnboy

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The version off the One more for/from the Road 1970's album.

It's thirteen minutes long, and Thirdrock Junior is already instructed to make it happen, hopefully not for another forty years though!

Mrs Thirdrock had been instructed to play AC/DC's Highway to Hell had the unthinkable happened before I reached thirty.

Thirteen minutes of pure rock, and a huge guitar solo. Way to go!!

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The version off the One more for/from the Road 1970's album.

One of my choices as well along with

Suede - The Wild Ones

Oasis - Live Forever

The Smashing Pumpkins - Farewell And Goodnight

The Dandy Warhols - Blackbird

Rod Stewart - In My Life

Obviously not all of them but I'll whittle it down nearer the time.

I remember one of my old lecturers told my class that he was in a pretty serious accident and that his wife had prepared a funeral playlist on behalf of him, and when he found out he liked half the tunes but wouldn't have liked the other choices she'd made he was a wee bit ticked off - so he made his own just to remove any doubt. That got me to the stage of making one too, but I lost the bit of paper mine was on.

Anyway, I'd probably want And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda by The Pogues, an acoustic version of Don't Look Back In Anger and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths played at mine. I'd better remember what the other tunes were on the list too just in case it happens soon!

Edited by Andy_K_97