Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

To be honest, it's a good point.  BF2 is a very, very bad example, and the grindy elements are far worse, but in terms of the unethical "selling-gambling-to-kids" element, FIFA has been doing that for years, and I don't remember anyone complaining in the same way.  There was that news story a while back about a guy trying to get a refund from EA after his kid spent thousands on packs, and that was mostly just greeted with lolz.  

Is it because people can still often beat the ones that spend the most on players because of the structure of the game, whereas games like BF2 are a lot harder?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/11/2017 at 16:45, 54_and_counting said:

My point about EA isn't a defence of them, its more of a "why only them" other devs lump in p2w and get away with it, hammering EA for only one game wont change things, every dev and every game needs hammered for it, until then nothing will change, 

Who said it's only them? There are posts on this very thread saying they're not the only company ripping people off but they are the biggest and the worst. This farce is just the breaking point many needed to see the light.

Can get off your high horse now.

On 21/11/2017 at 08:09, forameus said:

To be honest, it's a good point.  BF2 is a very, very bad example, and the grindy elements are far worse, but in terms of the unethical "selling-gambling-to-kids" element, FIFA has been doing that for years, and I don't remember anyone complaining in the same way.  There was that news story a while back about a guy trying to get a refund from EA after his kid spent thousands on packs, and that was mostly just greeted with lolz.  

Is it because people can still often beat the ones that spend the most on players because of the structure of the game, whereas games like BF2 are a lot harder?

Thing as well, a lot of pay to win players will be just as rubbish at this game because they don't go through the harsh learning curve the rest of us do, so eventually non p2w players learn the tricks, the skills and eventually take over

Belgium have taken Loot boxing to their gambling commission and have decided that it does encroach on to gambling. They will subsequently be taking it to the EU.

If found to be gambling all games will be given an adult certification. So they’d either have to remove loot boxing completely or only sell the game to adults.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

As for the game, it’s not any better than the last game. Pretty glad I never bought it. What’s it with Starwars games for every good game there’s at least 10 bad ones.

As for the game, it’s not any better than the last game. Pretty glad I never bought it. What’s it with Starwars games for every good game there’s at least 10 bad ones.

The last Star Wars games I remember loving were Pod Racer and Jedi Knight II which are both now about 15 years old. Obviously have been a few good ones in meantime but astonishing how much of a cock companies make with the licence.

I remember getting Rebel Assault II on the PS1 and thinking that it looked absolutely magnificent.  I finished it on my first shot.  30 minutes and it was all over.   I never learned my lesson, I have always bought awful Starwars games.  Although Masters of the Teras Kasi was utter pish it was great fun beating people up as Chewbacca.

I never played the Knights of the Old Republic but Battlefront II was class.

19 hours ago, Loki said:

I remember getting Rebel Assault II on the PS1 and thinking that it looked absolutely magnificent.  I finished it on my first shot.  30 minutes and it was all over.   I never learned my lesson, I have always bought awful Starwars games.  Although Masters of the Teras Kasi was utter pish it was great fun beating people up as Chewbacca.

I never played the Knights of the Old Republic but Battlefront II was class.

I'm not sure how much KOTOR and KOTOR2 stack up these days but they blatantly borrowed the first game's looming antagonist's mask for Kylo Ren and the idea of Grey Jedi or whatever was explored in KOTOR2. Which is cool. I like them lifting ideas from those games because they were seriously interesting.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:19, 54_and_counting said:

who's defending EA, my point is the complete outrage over P2W in Battlefront 2 is about 5 years too late given what numerous companies have been offering up including EA

Everything in BF2 can be obtained in singleplayer, everything can be used and played in either arcade or campaign mode, the locked heroes in multiplayer dont take as long as everyone says to unlock, yeah thats a bad part of the game but its not the first time, EA coin it in every single year from people trying to get messi, ronaldo and other superstars on FUT and no c**t cares

As for general P2W, i hate it, i hate being killed off someone because they bought a better weapon than me, this can include multiple games such as GTA, MGS and Battlefront along with others no doubt, however it isnt the be all and end all of the game, the other aspects of the game are good (starfighter assault in the death star debris it utterly fantastic as it other levels across other parts of the game) there is also the new content coming that is free along with probably more and more content as disney churns out star wars stuff galore

True, but this is Star Wars. Nothing riles up nerds on the internet quite like Star Wars not being done right.

I haven't read all this thread, so not sure if this has been covered, but I read that EA are set to not make their money back on this game.  Fucking good.

I spent nigh on £100 on the first Star Wars Battlefront (more fool me), only to find a shallow, albeit beautiful to look at,  boring game with shite weapons.

I am therefore fucking delighted that not only are people sticking two fingers up to EA, but the game is actively not selling in any great numbers.  Apparently one of the EA community managers tried to explain some things on Reddit, only for the post to be the most downvoted in Reddit's history. :lol:

f**k 'em.

I heard somewhere that it's not classed as gambling in the UK because you always get something. However by having things of differing value and different percentages of getting it, I'd say that probably does push it into the gambling category.

I heard somewhere that it's not classed as gambling in the UK because you always get something. However by having things of differing value and different percentages of getting it, I'd say that probably does push it into the gambling category.

If you put 5p on black, 6p on red and £1 on zero on a roulette machine you are still guaranteed to 'win' something back but it is still gambling. If a slot machine spits out a bit of shitty toilet paper when you lose does that make it not gambling? It's a bullshit excuse. The whole concept is to prey on people (mainly children) and encourage addictive tendancies and for it to be completely passed off because you can get an emote of Darth Vader doing the cha cha slide or whatever is disgusting.

Archived