Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Looks like EA has had enough of the backlash.

I still hope people don't buy this game. I mean, they are just turning it off just now in the hope they can shift a few units and let the fuss die down before turning it back on in a couple of months. This game needs to flop to show loudly and clearly that this isn't what the vast majority of us want.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GAD said:

I still hope people don't buy this game. I mean, they are just turning it off just now in the hope they can shift a few units and let the fuss die down before turning it back on in a couple of months. This game needs to flop to show loudly and clearly that this isn't what the vast majority of us want.

Spot on. EA are still being called out for their bullshit even after their attempt to save face on the crates. They said 'we have turned off in game purchases' not 'we will be removing in game purchases'. 

Sadly some people will fall for the latest back pedal to get them on side.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Can't play as darth vader on multiplayer without grinding, fucking EA shower of b*****ds

Cant play as messi on fifa ultimate team without grinding, ah well let's put hundreds of hours into the game

Gaming fans are fickle as f**k

People who buy FIFA every year even though it's the same as the last one are daft. 

People who buy FIFA every year and spend a fortune on P2W are even dafter. I don't see what's fickle about any of that.

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

People who buy FIFA every year even though it's the same as the last one are daft. 

People who buy FIFA every year and spend a fortune on P2W are even dafter. I don't see what's fickle about any of that.

My point is that since FUT was released EA have essentially released a yearly tarted uo version of the previous incarnation and shafted people out of a total of 1billion dollars a year in microtransactions, spent 2 grand on fifa 17 FUT, girfuy you need to do the same again on fifa 18, yet the gaming world rejoices in this yearly online theft, 

EA release a new star wars game, the first in 2 years, a game which is massively expanded on from its predecessor, a game which they have stated all future DLC is free to download, a game where every character and ship is available to play in single player mode, but you need to grind for certain characters for multiplayer, and the gaming world erupts like its never done before 

The over reaction to what is a very polished and upgraded sequel is fucking ridiculous, 

Shut the f**k up, the reaction is entirely justified. It started as a game where basically you would need to pay to win, or even play as certain characters. The tweaked it so that you could grind to get these characters, and now they’ve changed it again so that it’s pretty much level for everyone, in that everyone will need to grind for a certain character.

Plus the DLC is only free as a reaction to the complaint about pricing and micro-transactions, not because EA are fucking generous or something.
Also, the game is buggy as f**k and is arguably worse from what I’ve heard than the finished version of the first one, which they made and arse of and only even looked remotely like a proper game after people moaned about the first one.
The other fact is that this is a full price game, which will shift a load of copies and make them money either way, so they shouldn’t be adding a ton of micro transactions, seeing as their usual excuse is “they are only cosmetic” which is not true and the other excuse is that “AAA games are expensive to make” f**k off.
The fact that people buy FIFA and use micro transactions or loot boxes has f**k all to do with EA being massive c***s and people moaning about it in another game. They also said there would be a single player, not sure that what is in Battlefront 2 can be called a single player campaign (it doesn’t even have a proper ending, I’m led to believe) and EA have killed a proper Star Wars game which shows their true motives.

Rant over.

11 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Shut the f**k up, the reaction is entirely justified. It started as a game where basically you would need to pay to win, or even play as certain characters. The tweaked it so that you could grind to get these characters, and now they’ve changed it again so that it’s pretty much level for everyone, in that everyone will need to grind for a certain character.

Plus the DLC is only free as a reaction to the complaint about pricing and micro-transactions, not because EA are fucking generous or something.
Also, the game is buggy as f**k and is arguably worse from what I’ve heard than the finished version of the first one, which they made and arse of and only even looked remotely like a proper game after people moaned about the first one.
The other fact is that this is a full price game, which will shift a load of copies and make them money either way, so they shouldn’t be adding a ton of micro transactions, seeing as their usual excuse is “they are only cosmetic” which is not true and the other excuse is that “AAA games are expensive to make” f**k off.
The fact that people buy FIFA and use micro transactions or loot boxes has f**k all to do with EA being massive c***s and people moaning about it in another game. They also said there would be a single player, not sure that what is in Battlefront 2 can be called a single player campaign (it doesn’t even have a proper ending, I’m led to believe) and EA have killed a proper Star Wars game which shows their true motives.

Rant over.

imagine having the balls to tell me to shut the f**k up then proceed to rant about a game you clearly dont own or havent played a considerable time :lol:

DLC was named as free since the near start of the games development, they took away the factyou had to pay for any new maps and stuff no matter how much you played the game, to me that is a winner, on december 13th they release 2 new maps, two new story missions and 2 new characters, all free to use in single player mode, and no doubt with the amount of star wars stuff disney will churn out EA will do the same

As for being buggy? maybe im too shite at the game to notice i dunno, but the single player modes eeem fine to me, starship battles are fantastic, ground missions are varied across different maps, and here's the thing, you can actually play as all the heroes without having to unlock them, plenty of missions all with differeing difficulty levels that change the mission rules to make it challenging to play

The the best part (the campaign doesnt even have a proper ending) :lol: did the force awakens have a "proper" ending, does any story in the middle of an ongoing universe have a "proper" ending, what the campaign mode gave players was a conon storyline that is left open for future story missions to be added on to, i can jst imagine the film critics for the last jedi trying to tell everyone not to go see it because the ending of the film doesnt tie everything up in a neat little package :lol:

Fact is the main point of peoples rant is that on multiplayer you cant play as every hero right away, well EA have been doing shit like this for years on FIFA and no c**t cared, id say fifa is worse given you can toss hundreds in every year only for it to go to pot when the new one is released

For the record, i hate P2W, the fact that someone has a better grenade or gun on multiplayer because they essentially bought it is shite, and i agree with every rant about that aspect of the game, but it seems the rational rants about the games flaws are now expanding into parts which are just baseless and pointless given what many other games are churning out

You're missing the point. EA are getting the brunt of gamer wrath now but they are symptomatic of the wider problem of paywalls, p2w and lootbox gambling. No one said they were the only problem. I actually have no idea what you're even getting at here.

20 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Imagine defending EA over literally anything they've done with this game :lol: 

who's defending EA, my point is the complete outrage over P2W in Battlefront 2 is about 5 years too late given what numerous companies have been offering up including EA

Everything in BF2 can be obtained in singleplayer, everything can be used and played in either arcade or campaign mode, the locked heroes in multiplayer dont take as long as everyone says to unlock, yeah thats a bad part of the game but its not the first time, EA coin it in every single year from people trying to get messi, ronaldo and other superstars on FUT and no c**t cares

As for general P2W, i hate it, i hate being killed off someone because they bought a better weapon than me, this can include multiple games such as GTA, MGS and Battlefront along with others no doubt, however it isnt the be all and end all of the game, the other aspects of the game are good (starfighter assault in the death star debris it utterly fantastic as it other levels across other parts of the game) there is also the new content coming that is free along with probably more and more content as disney churns out star wars stuff galore

28 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

who's defending EA, my point is the complete outrage over P2W in Battlefront 2 is about 5 years too late given what numerous companies have been offering up including EA

Everything in BF2 can be obtained in singleplayer, everything can be used and played in either arcade or campaign mode, the locked heroes in multiplayer dont take as long as everyone says to unlock, yeah thats a bad part of the game but its not the first time, EA coin it in every single year from people trying to get messi, ronaldo and other superstars on FUT and no c**t cares

Are you basing this claim before or after EA adjust the credits needed to unlock a single hero?  Before you answer, remember that while EA reduced the price of the hero's by 75%, they also reduced the amount of credits gained by completing the campaignn by....a totally random number....of 75%!!!  Oh and they also restrict the amount you can earn in Arcade mode.

There has been an increased number of games released this year alone with needless loot-boxes/micro-transactions lumped on (Zero Dawn, Shadow of War, Forza 7) so yeah I get your point, but to suggest that the other parts of the game or because of FUT in FIFA it should somehow earn EA a bit of a pass is frankly insulting.   They deserve everything that has come and that still is to come to them.

Another reason why there is an increase anger and hatred to this game, this was supposed to be the apology for Battlefront 1, a game which cost £50 to buy and then £60 for the season pass to get the complete story.   When you consider the history, It's hard to argue that this was anything but a major slap in the face,

21 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Are you basing this claim before or after EA adjust the credits needed to unlock a single hero?  Before you answer, remember that while EA reduced the price of the hero's by 75%, they also reduced the amount of credits gained by completing the campaignn by....a totally random number....of 75%!!!  Oh and they also restrict the amount you can earn in Arcade mode.

There has been an increased number of games released this year alone with needless loot-boxes/micro-transactions lumped on (Zero Dawn, Shadow of War, Forza 7) so yeah I get your point, but to suggest that the other parts of the game or because of FUT in FIFA it should somehow earn EA a bit of a pass is frankly insulting.   They deserve everything that has come and that still is to come to them.

Another reason why there is an increase anger and hatred to this game, this was supposed to be the apology for Battlefront 1, a game which cost £50 to buy and then £60 for the season pass to get the complete story.   When you consider the history, It's hard to argue that this was anything but a major slap in the face,

After the reduction mate, I've unlocked vader and skywalker already and only need 30k credits to unlock everyone else, you get credits ranking up i think and playing heroes vs villains can net you an easy 6-10k points towarda rank up, i havent bought a thing in the game

I agree about the last game, for this one time will tell if the free DLC will be worth it in the long run, im happy with the inmediate free dlc coming December and seemingly dice have said other aspecs of the game like skirmish etc will be added in

My point about EA isn't a defence of them, its more of a "why only them" other devs lump in p2w and get away with it, hammering EA for only one game wont change things, every dev and every game needs hammered for it, until then nothing will change, 

Imo they have gave us a good star wars game though (and canon storyline which is interesting if you are a star wars film fan as well) and hopefully release many more dlc content which will benefit the game 

Archived