Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 maps will be varied enough providing they are as massive as Battlefield's.

Im not sure its the number of maps thats the issue. The gameplay just seems very samey. Theres very little interaction with the vehicles, so essentially its just running round a map shooting things.

It looks like theyve got the Star Wars experience spot on and I think it will be amazing to play for a couple of hours or so. But without a campaign to provide a bit of variety I cant see how it holding interest very long. Not for me, anyway

Im not as excited as I wish I was. It looks amazing but I get the impression I'd be bored of it very quickly

Yeah that's my view as well. The trailers make it look excellent but I don't have time these days to fully enjoy these type of games.

I can't see me getting this without a campaign mode. I've always played the multiplayer option after a single player as you can learn the game and it's something fun to do after I eventually realise I'm shite at multiplayer.

You can still play a single player (or a multiplayer if you have some pals and pads) on an offline mode called 'Missions'. I imagine I'll be using them to get to know the layouts, etc.

http://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-offline-single-player/

From my mate:

"Just watched a video of Battlefront. The guys that were playing it were on Hoth and they said the maps were too big. They said the respawn is miles away from the battle meaning that if you're in Hero mode it runs out by the time you get there. Also said there was no objective for the Empire apart from shoot people on the Hoth map. The other one was defend the drop zones and another mode was a co-op mission defending waves of enemies on Tattooine. It just looked meh!"

Oh dear.

From my mate:

"Just watched a video of Battlefront. The guys that were playing it were on Hoth and they said the maps were too big. They said the respawn is miles away from the battle meaning that if you're in Hero mode it runs out by the time you get there. Also said there was no objective for the Empire apart from shoot people on the Hoth map. The other one was defend the drop zones and another mode was a co-op mission defending waves of enemies on Tattooine. It just looked meh!"

Oh dear.

I wonder if the beta might just get pulled!! Im looking forward to trying out the beta over the weekend but that will probably be enough for me

Archived