Daily Fantasy Sports

Paul Marnie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stewbo said:

Not free. $3

Just noticed it said free with a deposit. Don't think I've used the UK site so must be a first time deposit deal or something. I'll take all your money regardless. 

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

Just noticed it said free with a deposit. Don't think I've used the UK site so must be a first time deposit deal or something. I'll take all your money regardless. 

Yeah i got it for signing up again. Didnt get to transfer my thingy over though

50 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I've somehow managed to register for the US version and keep getting directed to the UK site which won't let me sign in. Pain in the tits.

Yeah thats happened to a few of us. No idea if anybody managed to fix it or nah. I just signed up with another email address

3 hours ago, Jambo Stu said:

Test run full :( get in for next week.

I'll expand it for next week dont worry. I was worried we wouldnt be able to fill it this week as well! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Jambo Stu said:

Having issues with verification with this mob anyway! Bit of a shoddy service.

Sounds like you with the shoddy background. ;)

I'm pumped for this. Off to a good start with 14 points for Greggy Olsen.

That'll be my luck done for the season. That lineup for the test run contest is currently winning me $50 pending tonight (although the guy who can catch me has Gurley I think...).

Also wouldve won £46 off of a 50p over/under coupon...if I hadnt cashed out a quarter through the evening games last night... -_- gutted

Are FanDuel and DraftKings essentially the same thing just different companies?

In broad terms; yes. They are both companies that offer Daily Fantasy Sports contests.

However, whilst they are fairly similar in the USA, they differ significantly over here.

When Draft Kings launched in the U.K. they effectively just opened up the gates of their existing contests to U.K. players. So for example, if you play in an NFL contest, you'll be up against folk in the USA as well as those in the U.K. & Europe...hence why everything is in US Dollars.

Fan Duel only launched here properly a few weeks ago, unlike Draft Kings, they chose to change their core offering for this market and focus solely on Football (Soccer). Fan Duel players in the U.K. can only play in these football contests for now, they had mentioned that they wanted to establish themselves in this market over here before offering alternative sports. Fan Duel players in the US get NFL, NBA, NHL etc, we do not.

After playing both for a while, I much prefer Draft Kings, not simply for the variety of sports on offer, it just feels a better product overall to me.

Hope that helps.

In broad terms; yes. They are both companies that offer Daily Fantasy Sports contests.

However, whilst they are fairly similar in the USA, they differ significantly over here.

When Draft Kings launched in the U.K. they effectively just opened up the gates of their existing contests to U.K. players. So for example, if you play in an NFL contest, you'll be up against folk in the USA as well as those in the U.K. & Europe...hence why everything is in US Dollars.

Fan Duel only launched here properly a few weeks ago, unlike Draft Kings, they chose to change their core offering for this market and focus solely on Football (Soccer). Fan Duel players in the U.K. can only play in these football contests for now, they had mentioned that they wanted to establish themselves in this market over here before offering alternative sports. Fan Duel players in the US get NFL, NBA, NHL etc, we do not.

After playing both for a while, I much prefer Draft Kings, not simply for the variety of sports on offer, it just feels a better product overall to me.

Hope that helps.

Brilliant response thank you. Will be on DraftKings Sunday.

Brilliant response thank you. Will be on DraftKings Sunday.

No problems.

DraftKings launched here in February so it's nice to finally get a chance to play some NFL DFS.

That said, fantasy golf became incredibly addictive over the summer :lol:

Archived