Daily Fantasy Sports

Paul Marnie

After getting its U.K. Gaming License back in August, Draft Kings is set to launch over here sometime this month :D

They've got a tent at the Fan Rally on Saturday so hopefully there'll be some more concrete info available then.

I for one can't wait, especially as this article suggests U.K. users will be pooled with our U.S. pals and share those massive prize pots.

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/4024/draftkings-u-k-launch-in-october/

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news and about time. I've been entering free contests this year and it's really unrewarding and pointless. I don't know why I keep doing them but this is my lineup this week:

Mike Vick

Latavius Murray

Eddie Lacy

Antonio Brown

Steve Smith

Donte Moncrief

Devin Smith

Greg Olsen

Packers D

Yeh; I've been tempted to go the whole VPN route to try and enter but I'm always wary that I'd be rumbled and not get paid out if I win anything.

Hopefully we get some decent promo codes like the U.S. guys do.

As much as I'm looking forward to this; it's not gonna help the fantasy obsession :lol:

Yeh; I've been tempted to go the whole VPN route to try and enter but I'm always wary that I'd be rumbled and not get paid out if I win anything.

Hopefully we get some decent promo codes like the U.S. guys do.

As much as I'm looking forward to this; it's not gonna help the fantasy obsession :lol:

Yeah I can't imagine winning a decent amount and staying under the radar.

I think that's Fan Duel, the other major DFS site (& market leader).

Their offices are in the same building as SkyScanner; the lassie is from Forfar :lol:

I hope Draft Kings are doing something decent at the Rally on Sat; will be interesting to find out more

Is this just a pick the best team of the week type concept? How does the winning money work?

Essentially yeh.

It's very like our version of fantasy football for the Premier League; each guy has a monetary value and you have a budget to select a required number of players at each position to make up your team.

There's a few different ways of playing to make money, assuming they offer the same options to the UK as the USA, there's:

Head to head - you're basically going up against one person straight up, winner takes the cash.

50/50 - a load of folk enter, best 50 players win cash

GPPs - less players but bigger winnings for those at the top.

Tournament play - basically a total free for all with huge cash prizes for the top X number of players.

It's kinda split between game modes, H2H & 50/50 you typically choose a team that will be safe and put up decent numbers with a hope of "doing enough".

The bigger games need you to swing for the fences, there's thousands of guys choosing similar looking teams, eg Julio Jones was owned in about 30% of leagues last week, totally cannibalising his value for most. The guys that win typically have 2 or 3 of the players who go off that nobody would start in usual fantasy - eg Matt Jones in week 2 or Gary Barnbridge (sp?) last week.

You can sign up for email alerts for when it goes live but I'm sure someone will post on here when it does

• 3 weeks later...

Nope but there is a big controversy in the States over DFS. Right now. A Draft Kings employee came second in a Fan Duel tournament and won $300k after having access to Draft Kings data. Since then there have been FBI investigations and such.

• 3 months later...

Archived