Playstation Plus Games

Fide

Plants v Zombies was given away by EA due to the 20th anniversary of Playstation. They also gave away Mirror’s Edge on PS3 and Need for Speed on Vita at the same time.

I struggle to see EA wanting to diminish their own premium Access service by giving away the same games for free shortly afterwards on PS Plus. I also can’t see Microsoft being happy with their Games with Gold service being denied free EA games, if they are being given away on PS Plus.

I could be wrong, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see games from EA Access appear for free on PS Plus some months further down the line, but it just seems too soon for Hardline.

I don't know. Because of less than stellar reviews, Hardline didn't sell all that well.

And if they have DLC to punt, which you can bet your bottom Hardline does, a good way to get this going is to give away the base game for free.

Super Meat Boy is incredible, I've got it on 360, PC and thanks to my brand new PS4 I own it yet again. Just a brilliant game, fast-paced, difficult, rewarding kind of old fashioned in it's design but so good I've played it thrice.

Broken Age interests me if only because Tim Schafer is responsible for some of the greatest videogames made in my lifetime (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle) so I'll certainly give that one a good try.

I'm finding SMB ridiculously difficult! I'm still at The Hospital but have only done just less than half. Some of the missions I'm struggling like hell. I like that you don't need to finish in order though and even though I keep dying there is something that draws me back.

For those who know the game well, what do the wee chalk like things that you can collect actually do? I've got a couple but don't know what purpose they serve.

I'm finding SMB ridiculously difficult! I'm still at The Hospital but have only done just less than half. Some of the missions I'm struggling like hell. I like that you don't need to finish in order though and even though I keep dying there is something that draws me back.

For those who know the game well, what do the wee chalk like things that you can collect actually do? I've got a couple but don't know what purpose they serve.

The bandages? They allow you to unlock new characters.

Cheers. I'm guessing you need to collect so many before that happens? Think I've got about 2 just now!

Have you not unlocked any of the other characters yet? You can also unlock them through the wormhole portals that sometimes appear. I had to use one of them to get past the first boss as he glides more than meat boy does who just launches himself.

Glad I stuck with Broken Age, as it turns out to be a cracking game.

I downloaded it for the Vita, and deleted the PS4 version, and it def. works better as a handheld game which can be picked up when bored rather than as game to sit down and play, if that makes sense.

Stuck like f*** on Super Meat Boy. On the second boss, I just can't get past the upper platform level. In all honesty, I doubt I've got the dexterity to progress too far on this game.

Unmechanical is ace, btw.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the mods would change this thread to 'Playstation Plus Games' for discussion about upcoming months, rather than just October, etc, as November games have just been released:

Walking Dead Season 2, PS4

Magicka 2, PS4

Dragon Fin Soup, PS4 / Vita /PS3

Mass Effect 2, PS3

Beyond Good and Evil, PS3

Invizimals, Vita

From my perspective, I've played TWD2, never heard of Magicka 2, or Dragon Fin Soup so not too pleased with the roster.

Admittedly, TWD 2 is a great game but surely only the basis that you've played TWD1. Tbh, I was expecting bigger titles, but, oh well, maybe next month :)

Edited by ScotlandGer

Just a thought, but I wonder if the mods would change this thread to 'Playstation Plus Games' for discussion about upcoming months, rather than just October, etc, as November games have just been released:

Done.

:)

Done.

:)

Ah, good man, nice one Fide.

Interested to read how folk get on with games (esp. this month with TWD2, cracking game).

Plus, noticed Magicka is a co-op and thought it'd be a laugh if a P+B crew got set-up via this thread -- the PS Plus crowd will wonder what what's up they keep getting telt they're seething, tear-stained, seem upset ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Christmas from Sony! Have one of the shittest months of games yet!!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/25/new-on-playstation-plus-in-december-gauntlet-kings-quest-more/

Episode 1 (yes, that's right, not the full thing), just episode 1 of the 5 part King's Quest.

And the averagely reviewed (currently 71 on Metacritic) Gauntlet, which I'm guessing will be nowhere near as much fun as the Spectrum version I had as a kid.

That's yer PS4 games for December.

Edited by Fide

I normally defend the IGC offerings, recognising that they can't please all of the people all of the time, and think a lot of the criticism is unrealistic.

But this months offering is really poor by any measure; surely their worst ever?

It's a horrible month. When I had a 360, the PS plus service was far superior and was churning out high quality games month after month for the PS3.

It's come full circle now, there are four games on GWG this month compared to one and a fifth with Plus. They are really stiffing folk at the minute, I don't think there's been anything decent on it for months.