Will Dundee United EVER Get Relegated?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, not having that. There's definitely a much larger contingent of Dundee fans who are far more interested in United than united fans who are interested in Dundee.

Saying that though, Dundee fans have a massive chip on their shoulder about pretty much everything so not too surprising.

Why would any Dees have chips on their shoulders about Utd just now considering our respective league positions and their spectacular and hilarious fall from grace?

Pics or it never happened.

I can't provide pics either but I know 2 guys who have FTD83 tattooed on their body. One of them also has a private plate ending FTD.

Pretty tragic.

I also know a lad with a still laughing tattoo. Equally tragic.

Are trophy cabinets the only way to judge club size?

Well, no. They're a good bar-o-meter though for two rivals. If you wish to go down the derby win route and average attendance from however long, it adds to United being the bigger club.

Again, throwing your 'under the assumption' lie further under the speeding bus.

You really have to question the sanity of someone who would drape themselves in Tangerine. Fair enough if it was just a scarf on match day, but these people avidly seek out tangerine attire. Polo shirts, hoodies, sunglasses, trainers etc. It's truly baffling.

Did the little man not get 'looked at the wrong way' rather than 'chased'? Shame on the club's reputation.

It was before a league match between Dundee United and Saints at Tannadice. My mate and I were walking to the stadium, but we took a little detour so he could get some money out of a cash machine. With a debit card. We're not criminals.

Anyway, the colour of my scarf was noticed by a group of United supporters who had been heading towards the ground. They shouted vitriolic abuse at me, calling me a 'St. Johnstone b*****d' etc. It was really offensive stuff. When we took our detour, they decided to follow us. We went on a rather strange route to try and lose them, but they continued to follow us and shout abuse. Eventually we saw a group of Saints supporters walking towards us and the United fans scarpered.

It's hardly the frightening story that United's P&B representatives have turned it into. Nonetheless, it's just one of many experiences which further prove that Dundee United's fanbase is a dislikeable one.

It was before a league match between Dundee United and Saints at Tannadice. My mate and I were walking to the stadium, but we took a little detour so he could get some money out of a cash machine. With a debit card. We're not criminals.

Anyway, the colour of my scarf was noticed by a group of United supporters who had been heading towards the ground. They shouted vitriolic abuse at me, calling me a 'St. Johnstone b*****d' etc. It was really offensive stuff. When we took our detour, they decided to follow us. We went on a rather strange route to try and lose them, but they continued to follow us and shout abuse. Eventually we saw a group of Saints supporters walking towards us and the United fans scarpered.

It's hardly the frightening story that United's P&B representatives have turned it into. Nonetheless, it's just one of many experiences which further prove that Dundee United's fanbase is a dislikeable one.

Whilst not condoning the behaviour of those who subjected you to this abuse, I doubt there's a single fan on here who has not experienced similar or worse.

However they do not continually refer to it in the way you do. In fact I doubt if most posters have ever posted about the verbal abuse they have recieved from any oppossing fans; I know I haven't.

Even the visit to the cash machine is an elaborate falsehood. In days gone by you would have been kept to the assisted classroom.

If you're insinuating that I'm mentally disabled in some way, I find it hugely offensive. I'd suggest that one of the moderators punishes you with a lengthy ban or something like that.

Whilst not condoning the behaviour of those who subjected you to this abuse, I doubt there's a single fan on here who has not experienced similar or worse.

However they do not continually refer to it in the way you do. In fact I doubt if most posters have ever posted about the verbal abuse they have recieved from any oppossing fans; I know I haven't.

Well. At least you aren't bothered about it.

That's the important thing.

This darker aspect that is within the United support must be highlighted.

Perhaps this particular group were simply grumpy because Dobbies had run out of scones.

You really should take some of my posts in the tongue-in-cheek manner that they're intended. Also, due to your age, you've perhaps forgotten that it was actually you who brought up the subject in the first place.

You really should take some of my posts in the tongue-in-cheek manner that they're intended. Also, due to your age, you've perhaps forgotten that it was actually you who brought up the subject in the first place.

A passing reference could be regarded as tounge-in-cheek; a complete post is a sign of ongoing post traumatic stress.

Leaving aside the (inevitable and stale) jibe about my age; the reason I mentioned it is simply because you have referred to it on numberous occassions. I will happily let it drop if you do.

A passing reference could be regarded as tounge-in-cheek; a complete post is a sign of ongoing post traumatic stress.

Leaving aside the (inevitable and stale) jibe about my age; the reason I mentioned it is simply because you have referred to it on numberous occassions. I will happily let it drop if you do.

Let's just examine this as an isolated incident. You brought up the subject, Alert Mongoose made an enquiry about it and I responded. You then told me that I should stop talking about it. Very strange behaviour.

On another note, you've done a fantastic job in the new John Lewis advert. I hope they paid you well.

Archived