Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Murray looks dead on his feet now, and the break seems to have done Pavel a world of good. Not looking good I'm afraid :(

657295[/snapback]

You're right, it looks excellent! :D

Murray 5-3 up, and Pavel is serving to stay in the match :)

Cautiously Optimistic ;)

Brilliant! Can I go to my bed now?

Be interesting to see Murray's 1st serve percentage in those last few games- about 15% I reckon.

That was superb drama, he had it won, then lost, then won again. The overrule probably won it for him, Pavel went into a sulk and it stopped the momentum he'd been building up since the resumption post-spew.

Britain's number 1 :)

Pavel is a top 40 ranked player, it won't be easy. Actually, I can see all three British players losing in the 1st round this year.

Murray probably has the best chance of going through.

656109[/snapback]

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aaah, the advantage of following tennis every week :lol:

Well done Andy, deserved it, although Pavel lost it rather than Murray winning it in the final set.

Some match stats...

Murray had 12 aces, 4 double faults and 31 unforced errors, compared with Pavel's 11, 3, and 50.

Murray won 47% (35 out of 79) of his second serve points, compared with Pavel's 39% (33 out of 60).

Every time Murray had a break point opportunity, he took it. Pavel missed two.

In the final set, Murray had a first serve percentage of 46%, but had 3 aces thrown in. Pavel didn't have any, but he hit more unforced errors (9-7).

All from the US Open stats page.

Murray-mania begins again! :D

The whole throwing up then drinking about 4 bottles of water thing seemed strange.

657458[/snapback]

It was a specifically designed drink to stop him cramping. He said he always feels a bit sick after drinking it.

Should have been munching bananas.

Good to see him prove he can go 5 sets though and a very winnable second match on Thursday.

Good to see him prove he can go 5 sets though and a very winnable second match on Thursday.

657461[/snapback]

It's definetly a winnable match - in fact, I'd have taken him to beat Ferrero on a hard court. Clement will be difficult, but there's no reason why he can't win it :)

Andy is third on the Grandstand court today, with a mens singles and mens doubles match before him. I reckon it'll be close to 9pm UK time before he's on court :unsure:

AFAIK the match will be live on Sky Sports, as Eurosport only seem to have rights to the Armstrong court :unsure: