Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Murray wins his first clay title against Kohlschreiber. He is to go straight to Madrid where he will play on Wednesday most likely against Kohlschreiber who is due to play tomorrow!

Out of interest, what happens if the match is called off today and tomorrow. Looks like rain tomorrow as well. Kolschreiber due to play his match in Madrid soon!

Obviously this doesn't matter now, but there have been cases where ATP finals have been rained off for a certain amount of time which has resulted in the match being recorded as a draw, and the points/prize money split between the finalists. I'd assume if the match didn't get finished today, that's what would have happened.

Obviously this doesn't matter now, but there have been cases where ATP finals have been rained off for a certain amount of time which has resulted in the match being recorded as a draw, and the points/prize money split between the finalists. I'd assume if the match didn't get finished today, that's what would have happened.

I never knew that. But it makes perfect sense. Especially since the Madrid masters are mandatories for both players.

His serve seems to be better on clay than it has been on the hard court surfaces. I found this a bit surprising to be honest. His toss isn't as erratic and his movement is a lot smoother. He has added a bit more top spin to his forehand and backhand, which gives his opponent a harder ball to hit.

Has been very impressive. But as always you will never know how good he is on the clay surface until he faces a really good clay court player. Raonic will be a difficult match tomorrow, but the real test will be against Ferrer or Nishikori if he was to advance. Nishikori is playing excellently currently. I am still amazed where he gets his power from.

Dimitrov Vs Nadal should be a cracker tomorrow.

The day before there was some interesting comments regarding the bad line calls and scheduling. Roger Federer in response to the bad calls said "we need a clown for this circus". After Murray had lost his serve he yelled a massive "f**k". He was given a warning for swearing. he tuirned and said to the umpire "do you think any kids are up at this time?" Comedy from both.

The ATP are going to have a look at their scheduling to try and avoid repeats of the sort of thing Murray had to endure the other night with his match not even starting until after 1am.

Murray took the first set against Raonic 6-4.

Edited by peasy23

Tomorrow should see a cracking match against Nishikori. The pace he generates and the depth he gets in court is incredible. His aggressive nature against second serves will see him take apart Murray's second serve. However Murray is serving superbly, today he had 75% first serves in.

Nishikori will be favourite for the match I would have thought. Murray can win if he plays well as he has been.

Berdych will lose to Nadal. The winner of Nishikori/Murray will beat Nadal in the final.