Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Really looking forward to the Open this year.  Given Andy's record since he won it 4 years ago (f**k me, has it been that long?) I'm never as excited as I am for Wimbledon and the AO.  But this year feels very different.  He's having the best season of his career and if he were to make it a 4th Slam he could retire the day after and I don't think I'd mind.  

He's had a fantastic career.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Really looking forward to the Open this year.  Given Andy's record since he won it 4 years ago (f**k me, has it been that long?) I'm never as excited as I am for Wimbledon and the AO.  But this year feels very different.  He's having the best season of his career and if he were to make it a 4th Slam he could retire the day after and I don't think I'd mind.  

He's had a fantastic career.

The draw is going to be very interesting. No one is going to want a wildcard Del Potro in their half. Of the possible QF opponents, Murray and Djokovic will want to avoid Cilic. I really want Djokovic to get Kyrgios in his quarter. It has the potential to be a great match.

It will be interesting to see the form of Djokovic. There have been rumours he is getting the yips on his second serve but I'm not sure that's entirely true. This is the first bad patch he has had in about 3 years so he was probably due one!

JMdP on Murray's side of the draw but won't meet until the semi's should they progress. Apart from that, you've got to think he'll be fairly happy.

Glad Raonic and more so Cilic are in Djokovic's half. Monfils too.

It's funny as I don't see either Wawrinka or Nadal, the third and fourth seeds, doing anything and expect them both to get papped out before the semi's.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Given Andy's record since he won it 4 years ago (f**k me, has it been that long?)

8 years since he made his first final. I remember watching that and it feels as if it was only a couple of years ago.

Rosol is a pain in the arse for round 1, but that's a good draw. His quarter is good, Wawrinka/Del Potro look to be the first major threats he could face and that's at the semi-final stage. Wawrinka is always a bit hit or miss, and Del Potro's fitness having to play 5 best of 5 set matches to reach that stage could be in doubt. Djokovic has a few in his side of the draw who on their day could be a real threat to him like Cilic, Raonic, Nadal, even the likes of Tsonga - although unlikely.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Del Potro has a horrid draw.  Schwarzman, Steve Johnson, David Ferrer, Thiem, Kyrgios/Wawrinka, Murray, Djokovic.  He will be doing well to go deep.

Murray's is relatively plain sailing.  Rosol, Monaco/Granollers, Simon (tricky), Dimitrov/Lopez/Coric, Nishikori, Wawrinka, Djokovic.  But with the way Wawrinka has been playing he could be knocked out by anyone at any time.

Just now, Loki said:

Am I right in thinking have Sky have ditched their coverage of the US Open, or will that be from next year?

Already ditched it. Eurosport have the rights now.

Sky no doubt too busy ploughing even more money into the EPL and additional shite games like Burnley v West Brom.

Just now, Elixir said:

Already ditched it. Eurosport have the rights now.

Sky no doubt too busy ploughing even more money into the EPL and additional shite games like Burnley v West Brom.

Eurosport always had the rights but they sub contracted the rights out to Sky, they also did something similar for the Australian Open for BBC.  It is very poor from Sky.  Especially when they have had shite like fishing and kabbadi kabbadi on.  I have always associated the US Open with Sky, I remember getting Sky Sports for the Rusedski final.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Eurosport always had the rights but they sub contracted the rights out to Sky, they also did something similar for the Australian Open for BBC.  It is very poor from Sky.  Especially when they have had shite like fishing and kabbadi kabbadi on. I have always associated the US Open with Sky, I remember getting Sky Sports for the Rusedski final.

Know what you mean about associating the US Open with Sky. Had to look up what the f**k kabbadi kabbadi is. :lol:

Will it be possible to get streams of the matches anywhere? On holiday next week so would quite like to see how Murray gets on as it happens.

If you have an Android device, download mobdro app. You have to sideload it, it'll have all the streams you need for sports

Eurosport always had the rights but they sub contracted the rights out to Sky, they also did something similar for the Australian Open for BBC.  It is very poor from Sky.  Especially when they have had shite like fishing and kabbadi kabbadi on.  I have always associated the US Open with Sky, I remember getting Sky Sports for the Rusedski final.

There fishing stuff is alright tbf.

Don't think so. Only had up to QF. Sky had sf and f. Delayed coverage on eurosport.

Great news if all on ES