Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Went to Andy live last night, absolutely brilliant entertainment.

General thoughts: Roger really is a big handsome, talented b*****d. I should hate him, I don't. Andy wasn't fully fit, but still looked pretty good. The doubles was magnificent. Bahrami was worth the entrance fee alone, and it was clear Jamie was trying not to piss himself laughing for most of it.

Hands up anyone who's ever been at a doubles match between Tim Henman/Mansour Bahrami and Winston Ingram/Victor McDade?

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Went to Andy live last night, absolutely brilliant entertainment.

General thoughts: Roger really is a big handsome, talented b*****d. I should hate him, I don't. Andy wasn't fully fit, but still looked pretty good. The doubles was magnificent. Bahrami was worth the entrance fee alone, and it was clear Jamie was trying not to piss himself laughing for most of it.

Hands up anyone who's ever been at a doubles match between Tim Henman/Mansour Bahrami and Winston Ingram/Victor McDade?

Went along last night too and can only echo this.  Brilliant entertainment all round.  Andy was hitting the ball well enough given his 4 months out and played some good stuff regardless of the less than competitive edge to the match.       

Announced this morning that Kim has given birth to another girl although it was possibly a couple of weeks ago.  Given how high profile figure he is he does a great job of keeping his personal life far away from the public eye which is great, and how it should be.  

The most hilarious thing about the article is that they drop Andrew Castle has had a hip replacement, therefore he is an expert on hips.  A poor article, and anyone basing an opinion on an exhibition is a moron.  He was nowhere bear match sharp but there was some great shot making.  Some awful misses but that will come with more court time.

The groups have been named after legends of the game for a number of years now. Was it Edberg and Lendl last year?

Zverev dug deep to win last night. Dimitrov will probably just do enough to oust Thiem and I’d imagine Nadal will finish Goffin easy enough. If Goffin can keep it tight he may have a chance. Goes a break down early and he’ll fold easy enough

Goffin manages to keep it tight and sneak the victory.  Rafa then withdraws.  No surprise as he was bitching about the surface and how it isn't fair it's always on hard indoor courts (his worst surface).  Well played Goffin.

It will be interesting to watch Zverev Federer today.  Hopefully Zverev can play well, the head to head is tied at 2-2.  Federer to sneak a tight match.  I woudl expect Cilic to beat Sock in the other match, but Sock seems to be a tricky opponent for Cilic.  

@peasy23 Andy has been the hitting partner for just about everyone this year.  Was even playing doubles against the Bryan Brothers as well.  He's hit with Thiem, Zverev and Federer so far.

You’ve nailed it there JLD. Despite being a Grand Slam champion Cilic repeatedly chokes. Andy Murray will always thank him for choking though their encounter in the US Open was only going one way until he started to feel the pressure that he was going to win.

That’s why I love tennis. Just seeing players handle the pressure or failing to handle it. The momentum swings are more apparent in the women’s game.

No pressure on Cilic as he’s out and he’s played beautifully so far.

Within an hour of posting that he's been pumped in the next two sets :lol:

Edited by Loki