Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He's had some run at it, and he's clearly the greatest British sportsman of all time.

Time to retire though. Leave when you're still at the top, don't fade away.

I feel painfully sorry for you. What a pitiful existence

I don't think Lex is an actual troll and is just an absolute moron. Nobody who knows anything about tennis thinks that Murray is finished with, doesn't have a slam or two left in him or should even consider retiring. Only Murray knows himself if he needs a break though and his form has dipped this year.

Fair play for his comments about women's tennis but it's been blown out of proportion a bit and it wasn't casual sexism from the interviewer who was just asking the question assuming the conversation was about men's tennis.

That's the kind of thing that is casual sexism though. Not great, sweeping injustices...just wee mindsets being a bit too closed.

Fair play to Andy I reckon.

That's the kind of thing that is casual sexism though. Not great, sweeping injustices...just wee mindsets being a bit too closed.

Fair play to Andy I reckon.

I suppose so, I am willing to give the interviewer the benefit of the doubt although I doubt he would have forgotten the gender if he was interviewing Jo Konta.

The reaction that his comments have got show how admired he is in the tennis world though, a true inspiration of a man.

He is currently doing rehab training.  Some kind of cold water training.  I would imagine they will wait and see how his hip reacts to that.

Djokovic and Murray are both on the entry lists for Canada and Cinci.

Edited by Loki

Sky Sports have lost the rights to the Atp tennis tournaments including the end of season finals at the 02. They will now be shown on Amazon Prime from next year. How many different sports packages do tv companies think people can afford to subscribe too? No wonder so many people use kodi.

Sky Sports have lost the rights to the Atp tennis tournaments including the end of season finals at the 02. They will now be shown on Amazon Prime from next year. How many different sports packages do tv companies think people can afford to subscribe too? No wonder so many people use kodi.

So Sky have now lost a load of tennis, a huge chunk of golf, and a bit of cricket as well.

Starting to think I'll have to bin it soon.

So Sky have now lost a load of tennis, a huge chunk of golf, and a bit of cricket as well.

Starting to think I'll have to bin it soon.

The sports tv market is certainly becoming very competitive. Love to see sports follow the WWE and set up their own networks e.g. tennis network or scottish football network. Then you can just subscribe to the sports or league's you like. All comes down to cash though and the maximum amount sports can get from tv.

7 hours ago, ftk said:

The sports tv market is certainly becoming very competitive. Love to see sports follow the WWE and set up their own networks e.g. tennis network or scottish football network. Then you can just subscribe to the sports or league's you like. All comes down to cash though and the maximum amount sports can get from tv.

Tennis has already done so.  You can get a Tennis TV subscription for a tenner a month.  You get all tournaments apart from the Slams.

Tennis has already done so.  You can get a Tennis TV subscription for a tenner a month.  You get all tournaments apart from the Slams.

Disappointing it doesn't have the slams though. That would be like having the WWE network and it not showing Wrestlemania? Suppose 2 of the 4 are on freeview.

Isn't £10 million quite a lot for Amazon to pay when it doesn't include the slams? How many people are going to pay for Amazon on the back of it? I have it already for the free delivery and have watched a few shows on their system like the Man in the High Castle so I'll probably watch but will it entice many yo sign up?