Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Absolutely amazing achievement!

Still remember the brilliant wins Evans and Ward produced to drag us up from the abyss...

Can't believe we've come this far. Sensational for British tennis..

Bring on the final !!

Andy Always plays first on the Sunday as he wants the ranking points. For winning the Davis Cup playing and winning all singles rubbers nets you 625 points. Only a Masters win or Grand Slam semi final gets you more points. If Andy went second he might not get the opportunity to win the second match.

Hewitt last beat a top tenner last year when he beat Federer. Very surprised they never played Hewitt. I can't see Tomic doing much against Andy. If he starts slowly Tomic could capitalise, but he doesn't have the fight or consistency to finish him off. I would have elected for Hewitt everytime.

He always plays first on the Sunday because he wants he ranking points? He plays first because of the way the DC operates the reverse singles, nothing to do with Murray's choice.

Can't see how Murray wont win both singles ties. So just comes down to the doubles again, where GB would still be favourites. Not impossible that Ward or Evans could beat the likes of Darcis or Delbonis either.

Slow clay in Belgium could be troublesome.. goffin is very good. Quite difficult to make indoor clay courts really slow though. .

But we'd still be very strong favourites to win.. Just need to keep Murray wrapped in cotton wool..

Kept my eye on this thread to see how many attempts HB would make to get an argument going (with someone other than Lichtie) before losing the head and out and out asking for one :lol:

What a riddy.

What an embarrassment of a contribution..

Can't you crawl back under your rock and leave this thread to survive without your hideous brand of shite banter.

He always plays first on the Sunday because he wants he ranking points? He plays first because of the way the DC operates the reverse singles, nothing to do with Murray's choice.

Everyday is a school day. The rules were changed by the ITF to aid top player participation in the event, helping the top players gather ranking points for their representing their country. I didn't know that until Andrew Castle said so on commentary.

Currently Belgium are 2-1 up with Darcis taking the third set. They are playing in Belgium on hard courts (looks medium fast to me). Goffin would be more troublesome on a faster hard court rather than clay, but he is more than competent on clay. He has made two ATP finals on clay winning one.

Everyday is a school day. The rules were changed by the ITF to aid top player participation in the event, helping the top players gather ranking points for their representing their country. I didn't know that until Andrew Castle said so on commentary.

Currently Belgium are 2-1 up with Darcis taking the third set. They are playing in Belgium on hard courts (looks medium fast to me). Goffin would be more troublesome on a faster hard court rather than clay, but he is more than competent on clay. He has made two ATP finals on clay winning one.

A trip to Belgium in November might be quite good.. I'm a bit torn to be honest now whether I'd rather be home or away.

Tickets for the final might be problematic mind you if Belgium win.

Looks like H_B had a wee shandy at the butchers apron fest...

Actually I drove..

But great to see the butchirs aprin get an airing from the ethnic nat clowns like you.. Can see how you are hurting..

Just makes the win even better. Very very pleasing.

A trip to Belgium in November might be quite good.. I'm a bit torn to be honest now whether I'd rather be home or away.

Tickets for the final might be problematic mind you if Belgium win.

Darcis a break up in the fourth now. Looks like away to Belgium it will be.