Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I understood the response, it's just wrong. As explained above. Fairly simple.

There's people who know tennis.. And there's little Scotlander types who don't.

Team tennis just brings the best out of Murray.. Another sensational weekend so far.

I was a bit concerned when he looked so low key during Dan Evans' excellent performance but I think its just utter focus.

He's going to brutalise Tomic tomorrow then cry. Magnificent performance from both Team GB boys today.. Groth and Hewitt were great but we just refused to lose.

Awesome day for British tennis.

People who play tennis tend to know a lot more about the sport than people who don't. I've never met anybody who isn't a member of a tennis club who's knowledge and understanding of the game is anything but fucking appalling.

Likewise.

One of my mates thinks tennis players are pish because they keep hitting the net with serves.

One of the downsides to the Murrays success has been a drift to tennis from know nothing football types.

It is 2-1 to Argentina.

If it is us V Belgium it will be there as the last time we played them in 2012 it was 4-1 defeat at Braehead

It it is us V Argentina it will be at home as we lat played them in 2009 and it was a 4-1 defeat in Buenos Aires.

Edited by ajwffc

Looking at the team line ups for the potential opponents if GB progress, surely we're going to be overwhelming favourites, especially if it's at home again?

What was the outcome of the doubles in the other tie?

Yes.. Would prefer Argentina as we'd be at home. Though they have the better doubles team.

But neither is as strong as Australia..

There's been destiny about us since James Ward had that ridiculous win against Isner.

Its ours.

I think we might see Australia throw Hewitt in against Murray tomorrow. Tomic will be pulled apart by Murray and even if Tomic got close to a winning position, the pressure Murray would exert making Tomic just hit again, would see Tomic choke. Anyway another win for Murray tomorrow and that will add another 140 points on to his ranking. If he was to win two points in the final, he would get an extra 275 points.

Argentina lead 2-1 but Darcis and Goffin could win both rubbers tomorrow. You would think that Mayer or Del Bonis would nick one rubber. Certainly not as clear cut as GB's 2-1 lead.

Looking forward to tomorrow's match (es). If Australia play Tomic they have no chance.

I think we might see Australia throw Hewitt in against Murray tomorrow. Tomic will be pulled apart by Murray and even if Tomic got close to a winning position, the pressure Murray would exert making Tomic just hit again, would see Tomic choke. Anyway another win for Murray tomorrow and that will add another 140 points on to his ranking. If he was to win two points in the final, he would get an extra 275 points.

Argentina lead 2-1 but Darcis and Goffin could win both rubbers tomorrow. You would think that Mayer or Del Bonis would nick one rubber. Certainly not as clear cut as GB's 2-1 lead.

Looking forward to tomorrow's match (es). If Australia play Tomic they have no chance.

Mayer has an 8 match winning run in Davis Cup apparently.. Quite surprising. Its a pretty exciting Sunday in that match. Belgium could easily win both ties.

I'd play Hewitt as well. Tomic looked done after beating Evans and he's weak. Hewitt will love the crowd.. Playing his last ever Davis Cup match... Make Murray run a lot.. Worst case scenario for the Brits.

Can't wait to get there... Going to be immense.

Edited by H_B

Only caught the 1st and 5th sets due to the football but the Murrays looked very decent. Any worry that sandy could be a bit drained today tho?

Emotionally more than physically. Doubles isn't that tiring physically.

I think he might start a bit sluggishly today .. Maybe go a break down before he gets back into it..