Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Perfect! :lol:

Not good news, though. Doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Not sure the split is such a big deal.

Guess it depends who replaces Lendl.

I suspect at least part of the reason for split is Lendl looking to plan ahead while Murray`s return to being competitive at the top level is uncertain.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Magnus Norman is a free agent.  Magnus Norman is a far better coach than Lendl.  The news of the split doesn't really bother me.  I thought the last stint was more of a placebo effect than anything.  Delgado had turned it around on the clay court after Mauresmo was fired.  At Queens and Wimbledon he only played guys he would be expected to beat.  At the Olympics Lendl wasn't there.  He was there at the US Open, and then turned up at the ATP Finals.  Considering Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were all struggling physically or mentally, is it a surprise he was to put that kind of run together?

This year he was at the Aus Open, MIami, French Open and the grass season.   The last stint ended with Murray recovering from injury, I don't think Lendl likes hanging about, he'd rather go play golf.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Has he retired yet?

I saw that he sold his Miami apartment and hasn't bought anything new out there - that'll be a big change to his yearly preparation if he's not going to train in Florida.

Of course, could just mean he took a good deal while he can get one (made something like £750k profit on it) and will rent somewhere nearby. But I dunno. Injuries, kids, already won most tournaments, reached #1 and made millions. You couldn't really blame him if he does hang it all up soon.

Edited by Nightmare

39 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

So if you want to watch the main ATP tourneys from 2019 then you will need an Amazon subscription.

Amazon will broadcast men's elite tennis from 2019 to show 37 ATP Tour events - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42014694

There probably won't be anyone worth watching from 2019

• 4 weeks later...