Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Honestly, he could choose to ride off on the white horse today and spend time with his wife and kids and I'd completely understand it. If he doesn't fancy having surgery and rebuilding himself then I can't blame him one bit.

Regardless of what we see out of him next year and in the future, he's had an absolutely amazing career and we are so lucky to have lived through it.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Honestly, he could choose to ride off on the white horse today and spend time with his wife and kids and I'd completely understand it. If he doesn't fancy having surgery and rebuilding himself then I can't blame him one bit.

Regardless of what we see out of him next year and in the future, he's had an absolutely amazing career and we are so lucky to have lived through it.

Agree on all of that.

We all know that if there`s even a chance of one more sniff at a Slam he`ll go for it.

Fantastic sportsman.

Murray reminds me of a line from Indiana Jones, where he says "it's not the age honey, it's the mileage." He's probably ran farther both in training and in matches than most of the other top players, his body had to suffer for that at some point. Hopefully he can come back fully fit in the new year and get back to form.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nadal got given a bit of a lesson by Federer earlier.

Scary that it's been a whole year since Murray absolutely dominated these tournaments. Be interesting to see how he gets on in his charity match next month.

I was surprised that was only the 23rd meeting in a final by Federer and Nadal. I know that's still a fairly high number, but it's only slightly more than Murray-Djokovic final meetings (19), and I'd have guessed considering how much longer the pair of them have been around (13 years of playing each other), and their respective levels of success, that it would have been quite a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Murray will make tennis history next week by becoming the first ever player to lose 2500 ranking points in a week.  He will drop from world number 3 to 15 or 16.  Thanks to other people's injuries he should hold on to a top 16 seeding for Australia if he recovers.  Although he could face Nadal or Federer in the last 16.  It will be interesting to see how he plays against Federer next week.  Although who will be third and fourth seed could be anyone.

Australia could see a spectacular draw.

Andy Murray will make tennis history next week by becoming the first ever player to lose 2500 ranking points in a week.  He will drop from world number 3 to 15 or 16.  Thanks to other people's injuries he should hold on to a top 16 seeding for Australia if he recovers.  Although he could face Nadal or Federer in the last 16.  It will be interesting to see how he plays against Federer next week.  Although who will be third and fourth seed could be anyone.
Australia could see a spectacular draw.

Hard going trying to make a mental note of who will end up where. As far as i can make out Raonic and Isner both taking a hit and will drop outside the top 16, and I think Djokovic will be outside the top 8 as he sheds 1180 points. Could be some big games early on, especially in the last 32 & last 16.

Delpo lost to Isner so won't qualify for the WTF and Nadal will likely pull out. What a plethora of utter diddies turning out this year.

Imagine you shelled out top dollar for tickets months ago only to end up with this lot. Carreno Busta is first alternate if Nadal withdraws.

b62d3dca402eead48d4fb5101d100c20.jpg