Raith v Dumbarton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a hard place for us to go, but majority of the games have been close, I can see that continuing, but we really need to get our fingers out and start burying these chances, it's nice that we seem to be conceding less goals, but we really need to get our shooting boots on, 2-3 Brophy, Fleming, cawley

Brown

Gallagher Wright Barr Sparky

Brown Routledge

Fleming Cawley Gibson

Brophy

Same players but 4-4-2 for me, move Fleming up next to Brophy. Brophy worked hard but it was clear he needs a partner up there. Obviously haven't seen Raith this year so we don't know how they're playing but there doesn't appear to be a massive amount of pace up front so hopefully having Barr and Wright at centre half isn't too much of an issue.

Megginson will probably score if he plays, he'll certainly be desperate to make an impression anyway.

Obviously with us having a few injuries last week before the St Mirren game, and then us playing Celtic on Wednesday (which I'd imagine we'll stick the best possible team out against them). I can't predict any of the starting XI, however I think I'd drop Anderson, and stick Megginson in (if fit), and start the game in a sort of 4-3-3. Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Davo is back fit for us. He's been decent for us since returning.

Obviously with us having a few injuries last week before the St Mirren game, and then us playing Celtic on Wednesday (which I'd imagine we'll stick the best possible team out against them). I can't predict any of the starting XI, however I think I'd drop Anderson, and stick Megginson in (if fit), and start the game in a sort of 4-3-3. Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Davo is back fit for us. He's been decent for us since returning.

Yeah, happy to admit I called that one wrong.

Similar to WSDR, it's difficult to pick a team due to the injuries - especially until the Celtic game is over.

That said, confident any XI that we put out can get the win. Mainly down to the fact Ray has shown he is very astute tactically combined with the desire and winning mentality (especially at home) gives us a big advantage. Although as ever in this league, don't turn up and you get punished.

Mon the Rovers! 2-0

Same players but 4-4-2 for me, move Fleming up next to Brophy. Brophy worked hard but it was clear he needs a partner up there. Obviously haven't seen Raith this year so we don't know how they're playing but there doesn't appear to be a massive amount of pace up front so hopefully having Barr and Wright at centre half isn't too much of an issue.

Megginson will probably score if he plays, he'll certainly be desperate to make an impression anyway.

I don't see this as anything other than a tough shift as Raith have made a very decent start to the season. We look to be difficult to break down when we play the big lads, but it's when a more expansive game is required our forward shortcomings (so far) are evident.

First goal could be crucial here.

Dumbarton fans complaining about a lack of goals from open play got me looking into ours - of our nine league goals just two have not come, directly or indirectly, from set pieces. Both goals were late third goals in 3-0 home wins.

Kind of sums up this league more than anything else.

All Davidson did against St Mirren was lump the ball in whatever direction he happened to be facing at the time it came to him. He only managed to win one tackle all game as well, coincidentally about a minute before Goodwin injured him. I'd be happy enough seeing Matthews play instead.

Unfortunately, we need Davidson back in case one of our defenders gets injured. The consequence is that he will start and negatively influence the midfield.

Would be happy to see thung changed up front as well, with Wighton coming in for Stewart. It's an area we were poor in on Friday, though I'd keep Daly in given his late contribution, which will hopefully raise his confidence.

Daly won't be any problem whatsoever but if Mark Stewart is fit and plays then he could be a danger to our pace lacking defence.

What stand are we in, Raith fans? Now that Cowden are gone can we get back in that smashing wee stand beside the railway?

Probably too early to say, we normally say in our match preview on the website the day before the match but QOS fans were in the Railway Stand so you may well be in there.

Probably too early to say, we normally say in our match preview on the website the day before the match but QOS fans were in the Railway Stand so you may well be in there.

Excellent, really hope we are. It's far better than a couple of hundred people rattling about in that massive stand behind the goal.

Archived