One year ago today

Fide

Plenty opportunties for faces to punch. (I don't condone violence, it never solves anything)

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/news/1328936-ukip-to-launch-campaign-to-rename-referendum-anniversary-union-day/

Sheridan was urging folk to go to George square regardless. We are going to be in Glasgow for the tennis but my mother is also up for a scrap so will probably head to George square

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was one the proudest moments in my life casting my vote for my country to stand on its two feet.

Whilst I would rather we won a year ago now it is now abundantly clear that indyref1 was not the end of a process but a step towards inevitable independence that will come within most of our lifetimes. Everyone who engaged in it from campaigning to voting can be rightly proud that they played their part for when that day comes.

^^^^^

This,and also hearing my 80 year old mother saying,"when do we go again"

Was a cracking day weather wise iirc. Brilliant turnout, some highly comical moments on here when the secessionists convinced themselves they were going to win cos Twitter said so.

A great event really, with an unexpectedly big margin of victory. Good fun. Hope there's another one soon. Though the campaigns were beyond tedious by the end, I enjoyed the day itself and the one after.

Some excellent verge of tears stuff from the 45ers made it even more glorious. The T Shirts were my favourite bit, followed closely by the badges. Utter utter seethe. Really funny.

Was a cracking day weather wise iirc. Brilliant turnout, some highly comical moments on here when the secessionists convinced themselves they were going to win cos Twitter said so.

A great event really, with an unexpectedly big margin of victory. Good fun. Hope there's another one soon. Though the campaigns were beyond tedious by the end, I enjoyed the day itself and the one after.

Some excellent verge of tears stuff from the 45ers made it even more glorious. The T Shirts were my favourite bit, followed closely by the badges. Utter utter seethe. Really funny.

You were crying because of the murray tweet

I worked through it and we took bets on each result.

I lost £1 when Clackmannanshire voted No.

We had a sweep on it for the No percentage - about 40 of us..

I was miles out though - I had it much closer that the end result.

No matter who you voted for or what the result was democracy was the real winner last year

It was.. a magnificent turnout. So many people having their say - really impressive.

I'm more than likely misunderstanding, but why was a lack of exit polls a "problem"?

It was actually quite a good thing. Exit polls have ruined the suspense of election nights by almost exactly predicting the result at 10 o'clock.

It was actually quite a good thing. Exit polls have ruined the suspense of election nights by almost exactly predicting the result at 10 o'clock.

I'd agree with this to an extent but interestingly the May Gen El exit polls were met with such incredulity (hat eating etc) that it only added to the suspense to see if they would play out.

I remember I had salt on my cornflakes the next day, bitter salty tears......

But every day since then, I walk a little bit taller knowing that one day,in the not too distant future I will live in an independent Scotland as more & more people realise the corrupt state of the Union.

Archived