PES2016

djchapsticks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to get it today. The reintroduction of option files is a great change. Takes away the licensing issue.

I went back to pes last year after several years of FIFA. Pes is a much better game no doubt. I downloaded the FIFA demo this week and this just confirmed to me that FIFA has returned to being total mince, static scripted rubbish.

I think pes 17 will build on the very good pes 16.

Has the Master League been sorted in this? I don't hugely care about online stuff, but the offline stuff beens fairly dated for a while now.

The option files on PS4 are a game changer. It took me about 10 mins to have the full EPL, Championship and La Liga in my game. This boy is working on a Scottish file as well. Changed days from the old PES days when I would spend weeks editing everything before playing a match :lol:

Think as soon as you're able to upload option files on Xbox One it'll be a real game changer for PES. Pretty much the only thing preventing me from buying it right now; by the time I get all the kits right, all the team and competition names and sort out the rosters FIFA'll be out and I'll never be off Pro Clubs 

The option files on PS4 are a game changer. It took me about 10 mins to have the full EPL, Championship and La Liga in my game. This boy is working on a Scottish file as well. Changed days from the old PES days when I would spend weeks editing everything before playing a match :lol:

Where did you find a Scottish option file?

Has the Master League been sorted in this? I don't hugely care about online stuff, but the offline stuff beens fairly dated for a while now.

Anyone? Seriously tempted to buy this based solely on the reviews so far. Everyone seems to be loving it

Anyone? Seriously tempted to buy this based solely on the reviews so far. Everyone seems to be loving it

Aye, it's excellent. Every single game is different. Played Burnley, 11 men behind the ball very difficult to break down. Then played PSG in the CL, had me pinned down. It's different compared to what you're used to with FIFA but if you give it a chance you'll end up loving it.

Please tell me RB isn't still the only button to call for a pass in BaL mode? That seriously pissed me off last game; require a simple A pass from teammate, press RB, they play an LB+Y straight to the opposition goalie

I picked it up and have had a couple of games.  Didn't play PES 2016 so can't comment on how different or better it is.  What I will say is in the few games I've managed to play it's infinitely more fun that last years FIFA was.

I just need to muster up the courage to venture online now and get a doing.

I've received a penalty and in one game I got a guy sent off and the opposition got a guy sent off.

Speaking of the latter game, at 11 vs 11 I was dominating without scoring. I conceded a goal via a counter attack and then had a man sent off. Once I was down to 10 men I was doing well to hold on to the 1-0 defeat! They scored another and I was taking a real doing. I managed a breakaway attack and got ripped down when I was almost clean through. The guy got sent off and at 10 vs 10 I began dominating again. I pulled one back but did everything bar equalise. The point to that story is that going down to 10 men is so realistic in that I couldn't continue to dominate. Frustrating as f**k but I appreciate that it's realistic.

I've scored quite a few from outside the box in my Master League game with Roma. It only seems to be Totti that scores them though.

Apart from one mental high scoring game vs Juventus (I won 5-3) most of my results have been win/lose by a single goal or 0-0 draws. I'm finding it hard to score but I'm hopeful as I get more used to it the goals will come.

Can you adjust the budget in the Master League?
I can't sign anyone because I only have about 20 grand in wages despite having about 9 million in the bank I think. Can't even afford youth team players which is annoying because if one of my central defenders gets injured then I'm fucked.

Archived