Marvel's Jessica Jones

King Kebab

David Tennant played a pretty nasty c**t in a thing that was on ITV called Secret Smile where he was beating his wife. He was absolutely excellent on that show, so it's no surprise he makes for a great villain.

Can't remember watching him in anything before but Kilgrave was a good villain and stole the show.

finished it earlier this week, cracking series that i have only one major issue with, how it finished

i honestly thought that kilgrave was smarter than he was to fall for jessica's faking of being in his control again, and even then i thought he'd have whispered a fail safe into her sisters ear right before going over to jessica, after everything that went on in the series to see him die of a broken neck like that was a bit "meh"

however the rest of the show was fantastic

finished it earlier this week, cracking series that i have only one major issue with, how it finished

i honestly thought that kilgrave was smarter than he was to fall for jessica's faking of being in his control again, and even then i thought he'd have whispered a fail safe into her sisters ear right before going over to jessica, after everything that went on in the series to see him die of a broken neck like that was a bit "meh"

could he have told them to believe he was dead, then fcuked off?

I actually thought the same to an extent. Probably also could have been two or three episodes shorter.

I actually thought the same to an extent. Probably also could have been two or three episodes shorter.

not sure about shorter, i quite enjoyed the build up to the final episode, but i agree at times it did feel a bit slow in some episodes

im guessing that simpson and whatever his army unit was being tested with will be the premise to a season 2 if theres one or possibly luke cages mini series, they need to do something as the way they dropped that angle was ridiculous given it was quite a decent storyline imo

• 4 weeks later...

really enjoyed this and think the crossover with daredevil has been set in place nicely. I thought David Tennant was brilliant,

but felt a bit cheated by the ending, they never really used the anti virus his dad had made which could have added another aspect to it all.

• 5 months later...

Just finished this there and thought it was brilliant.  Superb acting from Ritter and Tennant and just an all round stellar first series, boding well for a second which will presumably focus on Dr Koslov's super soldiers and Trish doign some digging on Jessica's past.

Watched this after loving Daredevil and just found it annoying by the end.

As mention already Tennant was excellent and stole the show but the Jessica Jones character is annoying and really unlikable.

Plot also got ridiculous and it ended up really dragging.

really enjoyed this and think the crossover with daredevil has been set in place nicely. I thought David Tennant was brilliant,

but felt a bit cheated by the ending, they never really used the anti virus his dad had made which could have added another aspect to it all.

That was kind of the thing about the Purple Man in the comics though, he didn't ever use his powers to their full potential and just basically hid.

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2015 at 18:15, 54_and_counting said:

Hide contents

Exactly this. Killgrave gets the better of them in every encounter through outsmarting them and having contingency plans in place. Then, suddenly, they just waltz up to him, he falls for her being under his control and hes dead. 

Let down what was, otherwise, an excellent series

• 10 months later...

Just finished rewatching this in preparation for the release of The Defenders in a fortnight and it really stands up!!!

She's a bit too jakeyish for my taste but she is an excellent character, Tennant is excellent and I don't think we've seen the last of him but the most amazing thing that I didn't pickup on when I first watched this is that Simpson is Nuke, that opens up a whole new avenue for Netflix to go down!!!

ed49de675ffe9ec6dcd9f6c0c8cd1a95.jpg

On 8/6/2017 at 01:27, King Kebab said:

Just finished rewatching this in preparation for the release of The Defenders in a fortnight and it really stands up!!!

She's a bit too jakeyish for my taste but she is an excellent character, Tennant is excellent and I don't think we've seen the last of him but the most amazing thing that I didn't pickup on when I first watched this is that Simpson is Nuke, that opens up a whole new avenue for Netflix to go down!!!

ed49de675ffe9ec6dcd9f6c0c8cd1a95.jpg

Didnt she snap tennants neck? Looked pretty final to me lol

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...