Walker's cheese and onion colour

Blootoon87

What are your colloquial collective names for cheapy corn crisps like Space Raiders, Chipstick etc? I'm sure I heard Kevin Bridges give them a name but despite listening a few times I just couldn't make out the word he used to describe them.

Can't speak for anyone else but right through school we called these "bobbers",

Obviously down to the fact they were 2 Bob crisps.

Pretty sure you used to get tomato ketchup and ready salted crisps that both came in red packets. The number of times I accidentally ended up with ready salted is scary.

Walkers tomato ketchup had some green on the packet as well.

My absolute pet hate is someone in a petrol station or shop buying a packet of plain.

Absolute deviants.

What are your colloquial collective names for cheapy corn crisps like Space Raiders, Chipstick etc? I'm sure I heard Kevin Bridges give them a name but despite listening a few times I just couldn't make out the word he used to describe them.

Can't speak for anyone else but right through school we called these "bobbers",

Obviously down to the fact they were 2 Bob crisps.

Aye, the 10p crisps were known as "two-bobbers" in my school.

I clocked a packet of Transform-a-Snack the other day. 30-fucking-pence. I'm out.

Cheese and onion should only be walkers and Salt and vinegar should only ever be golden wonder. If you eat it any differently your dead to me.

I prefer Golden Wonder for both, I'm afraid.

In fact, I think I prefer Golden Wonder for nearly all of them. Walkers crisps are pale and uniform in texture. Golden Wonder crisps are flaky and pleasingly coloured.

Walkers Prawn Cocktail are an abomination.

I clocked a packet of Transform-a-Snack the other day. 30-fucking-pence. I'm out.

Transform a snack were the zenith of fun crisps. Making a wee corn snack car to scoff. Those were the days.

Space raiders are also not as tasty and tangy as they once were.

In my school anyone that wore 2 striped trackies or 4 striped trackies were known as two bobbers.

Have you seen the price of a Freddo these days?? That reminds me. Who remembers these

post-13-0-41734200-1441991270_thumb.jpg

I can't believe they replaced Taz bars with caramel Freddos. Just not the same :thumbsdown .

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

And then we have these fuckers, entering the fray, bold as f**k.

mNUHNQ4ZzVef1GUBGq08CNA.jpg

I can only imagine the orange/ yellow at the bottom and top is to signify sunshine, which helps the potatoes grow, whilst the white in the middle of the packet is some sort of existential philosophical statement/ Orwellian observation on the vaccuous sterility of life.

Or something.

Genuinely haven't tasted a worse crisp than these. Every single flavor gives me the boke.

In my school anyone that wore 2 striped trackies or 4 striped trackies were known as two bobbers.

Have you seen the price of a Freddo these days?? That reminds me. Who remembers these

taz bar.jpg

I can't believe they replaced Taz bars with caramel Freddos. Just not the same :thumbsdown .

If my memory serves me right these came in two variations, one open mouthed and one with a closed mouth. It was always believed that the open mouthed variety had more caramel inside them.

Aye, if someone had asked me the question: 'What did Walkers crisps do in the mid-90s?'

I would've said: 'They swapped the colours of Cheese and Onion and Salt and Vinegar packets.'

But, after exhaustive internet research, following reading of this thread, they have always had these colours for Walkers. I could've sworn there was a change.

Anyway, more importantly, Prawn Cocktail is always the right choice of flavour of crisp :)

It's pretty fucking simple guys. Golden wonder monopolised the market and had everyone believing that green = cheese and blue = vinegar. Other brands duly fell into line.

Then walkers appeared on the scene and turned the crisp world upside down. And the rest is history

Hold the fucking bus. I've just seen an advert that says Walkers are bringing back classics like barbeque flavour. I completely forgot about barbeque flavour, when did they stop? And they used to be in a black bag eh? Now they seem to be in a shitey brown colour.

Twisting my melon man.

Hold the fucking bus. I've just seen an advert that says Walkers are bringing back classics like barbeque flavour. I completely forgot about barbeque flavour, when did they stop? And they used to be in a black bag eh? Now they seem to be in a shitey brown colour.

Twisting my melon man.

Vote beef n onion