Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Thats basically £12 just to play the beta. Not sure its worth it to be honest

Its also with a supplier I trust and saves any delays. I'll happily pay a bit extra for a hassle free transaction, probably makes me a fool, but Im intensely lazy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its on the FM page that pre-ordering gets access to the beta. There is a page claiming the demo will be out a couple of days before the official release but its not on the FM site.

I dont see why pre-ordering then cancelling wouldnt work

Unless it's different to previous years, then not every pre-order will get the beta, usually just the "approved retailers". CDKEYS have since said that the pre-order doesn't include the beta on their Facebook page apparently.

Its also with a supplier I trust and saves any delays. I'll happily pay a bit extra for a hassle free transaction, probably makes me a fool, but Im intensely lazy

I used to say that, but the past couple of versions I've used GreenManGaming, and I'd highly recommend that over Steam. You'll usually get it a bit cheaper, and both times I've used them the Steam key was sent to me long before the beta was available, meaning it was in and ready for launch.

Nice wee feature (I think) been announced in that retired players (who remain in the game as staff) will return for the testimonials of former team-mates.

On a sidenote theres people saying they wont buy this as the 3D match engine isnt getting improved much, is it just me who doesnt really care about that aspect of things?

Nice wee feature (I think) been announced in that retired players (who remain in the game as staff) will return for the testimonials of former team-mates.

On a sidenote theres people saying they wont buy this as the 3D match engine isnt getting improved much, is it just me who doesnt really care about that aspect of things?

Its infinitely more important than retired players returning for testimonials

Its infinitely more important than retired players returning for testimonials

Not really tbh, the match engine itself has absolutely zero effect on anything, so its just a purely cosmetic thing

Couldn't care less about 3D. Still play it in 2D like everyone else I know.

Only thing they've done to 3D is add motion capture, make players suffering from injury look more realistic & of course add managers pacing the technical areas... So in 2015 we've basically got LMA Manager 2007 again

Not really tbh, the match engine itself has absolutely zero effect on anything, so its just a purely cosmetic thing

The match engine is how the entire match is determined and calculated. It isn't the 2D or the 3D. If you're saying the 3D is purely cosmetic, you're right. I probably wouldn't be that bothered if they didn't change that at all version to version (they have, and always will), but the ME itself is absolutely the most important part of the game. It'll be improved as it always is. Anyone saying that they're not buying it because of that is a tit - no-ones actually seen it in action yet.

EDIT: Notice you did say 3D Match engine initially, so fair enough.

FM15 was the first game i've enjoyed since FM12. Hopefully FM16 continues that format.

Also Miles comes across is a bit of a dick on twitter at times.

I think its just his sense of humour, if he doesnt put it across right he comes across as a right dick

Miles is a dick. His way or no way.

Miles is awesome. Replys to more or less everyone who tweets him and just dosnt give a f**k

This. Anyone that gets worked up by him is usually being a dick to him. More people should act like him rather than be a faceless customer service bot.

Archived