Football Manager 2016

RJM77

Ah, sorry. I thought you meant the one in the initial post.

Dont really see the fuss, to be honest, its not that much different to now.

Think its the massive blocks for each player (imagine a flat five in midfield...) thats causing the bother. It looks dated and shit.

Not convinced itll be that crass in the final edition though

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current tactics screen is fine and it'll be bizarre if they changed the interface to that mess.

Who cares what a players squad number is and why is it featured so prominently?

It really isnt. Unfortunately, that screen doesnt seem to address any of the issues

ETA - Ive just had a read through this page of key features

To be fair, some of them are definitely positives - being able to play the same save on PC and tablet, for example. The improved interactions with press, players, BOD etc should help, although it remains to be seen how much of an improvement there is.

The biggest issue, actually, is probably not in the game itself but in how SI chooses to present it. The page leads with things like Create your manager and Fantasy draft modes. When you read down, theres mentions of improved interactions, injuries, finance models and transfer AIs. These are far more important but are buried way down the page

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/why-introducing-customisable-avatars-betrays-everything-football-manager-stands-for-135?utm_source=vicetwitteruk

Leave it to FM fans to form a Seethe Society over the slightest thing, even if the article is tongue in cheek.

He's right though. No one over the age of 12 should be getting excited about now being able to create an avatar

After watching Miles Jacobson's video explaining the squares over shirts, I'm all for it

https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/642374311827734529

I cant be arsed listening to him for 5 minutes. Anyone give us a precis?

He's right though. No one over the age of 12 should be getting excited about now being able to create an avatar

I cant be arsed listening to him for 5 minutes. Anyone give us a precis?

Tbh you could tell it was coming when they let you pick your own attributes last year.

The tactics screen isn't that much of a gripe, the functionality it brings will be interesting and as he says on twitter, can't have one without the other. Looking forward to getting my hands on the game, I'm addicted and no matter what changes I will still buy it. Next task is finding the cheapest deal. There'll always be somewhere selling it for £20 before release.

The tactics screen isn't that much of a gripe, the functionality it brings will be interesting and as he says on twitter, can't have one without the other. Looking forward to getting my hands on the game, I'm addicted and no matter what changes I will still buy it. Next task is finding the cheapest deal. There'll always be somewhere selling it for £20 before release.

CDKeys will probably jave it for about £20

Unknown if that includes the beta though, if you're interested in that kind of thing. It didn't last year, until they released a more expensive one that did include access.

I was wondering that. It does say that the orders wont be processed until release date. Do you have to pre-order to get access to the beta/demo?

I was wondering that. It does say that the orders wont be processed until release date. Do you have to pre-order to get access to the beta/demo?

I think so. Don't take it as gospel, as I don't think they'[ve announced full details yet, but pretty sure you need to pre-order. The demo will drop just after release, if they do it like they usually do.

This is very dubious, but I think I remember from previous years that you can potentially pre-order, get the beta, then cancel your pre-order and still be able to play. Of course, once the beta is switched off (usually a day or so after release) then you'll lose access, but if it works that way you can essentially get two weeks free play to test out. Unless they change it.

I think so. Don't take it as gospel, as I don't think they'[ve announced full details yet, but pretty sure you need to pre-order. The demo will drop just after release, if they do it like they usually do.

This is very dubious, but I think I remember from previous years that you can potentially pre-order, get the beta, then cancel your pre-order and still be able to play. Of course, once the beta is switched off (usually a day or so after release) then you'll lose access, but if it works that way you can essentially get two weeks free play to test out. Unless they change it.

Its on the FM page that pre-ordering gets access to the beta. There is a page claiming the demo will be out a couple of days before the official release but its not on the FM site.

I dont see why pre-ordering then cancelling wouldnt work

Archived