St Mirren v Falkirk

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thompson did the same foul about 3 times on Vaulks, no chance of getting the ball, ref even had a word with him and Im sure was something along the lines of last warning, only to foul again and no booking

No way Grants foul was reckless, if it was in the middle of the park, he may have even escaped without a booking, He was late, thats all, I had the perfect view being on that side.

Kerr flattening Goodwin....cmon as said, Goodwin had his fair share of fouls and no card, Kerr's race was run, a bit like Thompson's but we subbed our's

From where I was sitting at least two of the fouls given against Goodwin weren't even close to being fouls.

Anyway, aside from who should or shouldn't have been sent off, with performances like that second half we are absolute relegation fodder.

He was watching the defender the whole way. I understand the tinted specs and there were some shite decisions, that wasn't one though. As Thompson got more tired, he committed and got away with a lot more fouls. He was constantly holding his marker the last 20 minutes.

There's no tinted specs he looked at the ground as he had a Falkirk player at either side he knew he was getting clattered. The 3 players all came together was no foul imo just a fair challenge you are allowed to make some kind of contact

Every player got tired sounds like someone's taking a dislike to thommo.

He got away with fouls must of missed them

Every player got tired sounds like someone's taking a dislike to thommo.

:lol:

Really? Away for a lie down. I've been Thompson's (and indeed Goodwin's) biggest backer through all the unjust criticism.

If you can't see how badly he faded after an hour then I'm afraid you really are looking through tinted specs.

:lol:

Really? Away for a lie down. I've been Thompson's (and indeed Goodwin's) biggest backer through all the unjust criticism.

If you can't see how badly he faded after an hour then I'm afraid you really are looking through tinted specs.

Sorry who didn't fade after 45 never mind 60 minutes?

Sorry who didn't fade after 45 never mind 60 minutes?

Performance wise? All of them.

The difference though is Thommo is now toiling physically after an hour or so. I don't get why you seem to think this is criticism as it's generally accepted that a man of 37 in a position which requires a lot of running will be very tired after an hour. As a result of tiring badly, he made more fouls as a result and probably should have been a straight swap for Shankland. His moment right before Falkirk scored at the end where Shankland put him in a brilliant position in the box and he took a poor touch and then his legs couldn't keep up summed up why his race had been run by that point. The decision to take off Agnew for Shankland only served to remove a man from a key midfield area which then allowed Falkirk to completely overrun us there.

All the talk about how Falkirk should have ended the game with less than 10 men. If anything Thompson should have walked, he should have been booked long before he did with Persians fouling time and time again. Him and Goodwin are a so dirty it's unbelievable. Grants was never a red card for me. Yes he was late but from what I can remember at the time Watson could have got over to cover. Second half was unbelievable and it we got what we deserved however I thought the winner was never coming. Some great saves from Langfield early in the half to keep Saints in it. Miller mad a massive difference and you could see what it did for Baird.

Performance wise? All of them.

The difference though is Thommo is now toiling physically after an hour or so. I don't get why you seem to think this is criticism as it's generally accepted that a man of 37 in a position which requires a lot of running will be very tired after an hour. As a result of tiring badly, he made more fouls as a result and probably should have been a straight swap for Shankland. His moment right before Falkirk scored at the end where Shankland put him in a brilliant position in the box and he took a poor touch and then his legs couldn't keep up summed up why his race had been run by that point. The decision to take off Agnew for Shankland only served to remove a man from a key midfield area which then allowed Falkirk to completely overrun us there.

They were overrunning us there even with Agnew on didn't make any difference apart from the idiotic penalty he gave away.

Agnew was poor the full game his passing terrible at times.

Morgan was the perfect replacement for mcmullan. Don't even know how he was not brought on to give thommo some service because as you said he had 1 half decent chance which he took a bad 1st touch.

They were overrunning us there even with Agnew on didn't make any difference apart from the idiotic penalty he gave away.

Agnew was poor the full game his passing terrible at times.

Morgan was the perfect replacement for mcmullan. Don't even know how he was not brought on to give thommo some service because as you said he had 1 half decent chance which he took a bad 1st touch.

Yeah. My Point wasn't that Agnew shouldnt have gone off it was more along the lines of someone like McLear should've replaced him.

St Mirren is the epitome of a relegated SPL club. They have ideas beyond their station, have an ageing team and are on downward spiral. They'll be in the wilderness for a decade at least.

Yep looks very much were going to do a Falkirk

Tbh, I was actually disappointed in Goodwin. I expected dirtier after his reputation. Didn't think he put a bad challenge in all game.

What a save from Langfield from Sibbald's effort. I felt it was destined for the net.

sibbald and your left back looked impressive 2nd half

Archived