Tam McManus to Pollock?

fandabbydozzy

Robbie winters cost pollok 5 k? From rossvale?? You sure? Played for them for 3 months or so then left.

Winters played the season at Rossvale and went when they were confirmed as Champions iirc

Sure there were similar threads last year around him being too good for Central 2, but he stuck around to see the job through. No reason for McManus to not do the same, if he wanted ton play in Superleague I'm sure he could have got enough interest himself without the need to use Gartcairn as a 'stepping stone' of sorts...

I'm only going to say this lads, Wether it's Gartcairn or Pollok he is still going to have to play on rotten parks in the winter against players who he should be better than.

He is not going anywhere I can assure you of that as he means more to our club than just a top striker!

You have previous for this so judging by this post he will be at Pollok on Sat!!! :)

Everyone has a price whether teams have enough money is another question.

I'm only going to say this lads, Wether it's Gartcairn or Pollok he is still going to have to play on rotten parks in the winter against players who he should be better than.

He is not going anywhere I can assure you of that as he means more to our club than just a top striker!

He has the bouncy castle to blow up , the face painting to do and toys to sort out pre match, he isn't going anywhere. Far to important.

My guess is he will be staying with his club and he will be the next manager of gartcairn . We all no he could and should be playing at a higher level but the fact he is doing the badges with his club as well as the nice wee wage he will be picking up makes me think he will stay put

My guess is he will be staying with his club and he will be the next manager of gartcairn . We all no he could and should be playing at a higher level but the fact he is doing the badges with his club as well as the nice wee wage he will be picking up makes me think he will stay put

I think he will stay too would be madness for Gartcairn to sell him but think if he wanted the gartcairn job he would have took it now when they got rid of McKie could be wrong.

Gartcairn got to disagree with you on this one, yes he will still play on bad parks but there is no doubt the standard of player and park is in general far poorer than the premier, and it will be a shock to his system, that's in no way being disrespectful, just fact. I can say this from personal experience as I left senior football and joined my local junior team in the bottom league quite happy but soon got itchy feet when the bigger junior teams came calling and I ended up signing with funnily enough POLLOK!!

The standard just isn't the same and after a season he may think differently and i was nowhere near the quality he is !

Gartcairn got to disagree with you on this one, yes he will still play on bad parks but there is no doubt the standard of player and park is in general far poorer than the premier, and it will be a shock to his system, that's in no way being disrespectful, just fact. I can say this from personal experience as I left senior football and joined my local junior team in the bottom league quite happy but soon got itchy feet when the bigger junior teams came calling and I ended up signing with funnily enough POLLOK!!

The standard just isn't the same and after a season he may think differently and i was nowhere near the quality he is !

Tam McManus was a very good senior in his best days and he will be a very good junior but sometimes we go a bit over the top when it comes to guys like that playing on a mucky pitch / visiting grounds with tiny dressing rooms etc.

How often have we seen the daily rag tabloids creaming themselves when either of the old firm go to a tiny wee ground like Whitehill welfare for example in the scottish cup and the tabloids take pictures of the dressing rooms and over all setting and report that the old firm players will have seen nothing like it and how possibly can they adapt. ??

Most guys even at the top level in Scotland have played kids football and played on ash , bad synthetic , terrible grass pitches and been crammed into tiny dressing rooms as youngsters and it shouldn't really be a big story for me .

I think young guys nowadays starting playing football will be in for a culture shock though later on in their careers as most kids football is played on synthetic and they could find it hard to adapt to mucky pitches all of a sudden if turning juvenile / junior as it could be a relatively new experience to them.

I reckon guys like tam McManus will adapt no problem though to a wee bit of muck . :)

He might even try and pole dance round one of the corner flags again.

Tam McManus was a very good senior in his best days and he will be a very good junior but sometimes we go a bit over the top when it comes to guys like that playing on a mucky pitch / visiting grounds with tiny dressing rooms etc.

How often have we seen the daily rag tabloids creaming themselves when either of the old firm go to a tiny wee ground like Whitehill welfare for example in the scottish cup and the tabloids take pictures of the dressing rooms and over all setting and report that the old firm players will have seen nothing like it and how possibly can they adapt. ??

Most guys even at the top level in Scotland have played kids football and played on ash , bad synthetic , terrible grass pitches and been crammed into tiny dressing rooms as youngsters and it shouldn't really be a big story for me .

I think young guys nowadays starting playing football will be in for a culture shock though later on in their careers as most kids football is played on synthetic and they could find it hard to adapt to mucky pitches all of a sudden if turning juvenile / junior as it could be a relatively new experience to them.

I reckon guys like tam McManus will adapt no problem though to a wee bit of muck . :)

He might even try and pole dance round one of the corner flags again.

Agree good post Hertha.

Hertha I'm not saying he won't adapt and get on with it, far from it, I'm saying after a season or two playing at such a low standard for him then who could blame him if the lure of a top super league team turns his head. Any player worth his salt wants to play at a better level

Archived