Fans turned players?

Barrfields_Largs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gartcairn and Rossvale must be excluded considering they've only been around 5 minutes as junior teams.

How would it work with Newmains, do you include the Coltness years.

Does Clydebank include the senior days?

I take by fan you mean actually watching the team play rather than just hearing about them.

Btw you'd certainly be special if your a Junior fan turned player since the 1950s.

Crowds have completely collapsed for most Junior teams over the last 60 years.

I also reckon most Junior teams would give anybody a go as a trialist for a

few quid donation.

15 minutes of fame and all that.

Must be worth a £100 to most Junior teams.

First I've heard of it. Tell me more.

A paid advert appeared in the sports section of the Evening Times, could have been late 1980s/1990s asking if anyone was interested in starting a Junior team in Castlemilk.

Certainly pre the Internet.

Never heard anymore about it.

Taking that the only Junior team anywhere near Castlemilk was Rutherglen Glencairn i always wondered if the idea had came from a few of their Chateau de Lai supporters.

A paid advert appeared in the sports section of the Evening Times, could have been late 1980s/1990s asking if anyone was interested in starting a Junior team in Castlemilk.

Certainly pre the Internet.

Never heard anymore about it.

Taking that the only Junior team anywhere near Castlemilk was Rutherglen Glencairn i always wondered if the idea had came from a few of their Chateau de Lai supporters.

Every day's a school day. I wonder where they would have played, perhaps Barlia ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived