Until Dawn

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a lets play to save spending upwards of £50 on it, one of those games that you can probably get as much enjoyment out of watching it as playing. The playthrough I watched was doing really well - everyone alive up until the last half hour then it all went tits up. Think they were left with 3 of the 8.

I watched a lets play to save spending upwards of £50 on it, one of those games that you can probably get as much enjoyment out of watching it as playing. The playthrough I watched was doing really well - everyone alive up until the last half hour then it all went tits up. Think they were left with 3 of the 8.

Same as me basically. Had 6 up until the lodge scene. Ended up incinerating 3 and being left with 3.

• 3 months later...

I finished this at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, how many games let you control Hayden Panettiere in a bath towel?

I got 4 through to the end, Sam , Chris and, the pair of c***s, Emily and Matt, the two I would probably have killed myself if given the chance. Went for the light switch a bit too early and got Mike toasted. Any one else get Mikes fingers cut off? That was the first scene were I thought, my nosiness has caused me to f**k up here. Good game , recommended.

I got this last night and completed it in one sitting. Although that one sitting was about eight hours long!

Mike, Chris, Emily and Ashley survived my first play through. I coughed while trying to hold the controller still in the final scene which caused the windego to kill Sam. Felt guilty for coughing. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Until Dawn is designed to be played various times, as players cannot see all the content with a single play-through. Each play goes about nine hours in length and the game mechanics use an in-game system called the butterfly effect in which the preference of action by the player may create unforeseen consequences afterwards.

• 3 months later...

This is genuinely one of the best things Ive ever "played" ...

Made all the better when played in the dark with a surround sound headset on and volume right up!

I am. I've enjoyed playing through the first 2 Uncharted games, I've enjoyed what I've played so far of The Last of Us, and I've REALLY enjoyed Until Dawn so far and can see myself playing through this numerous times. After that, I'm not really sure what I'll pick up for ps4 though - multi platform games I'll be going xbox every time except PES because none of my mates play that anyway and the edit mode isn't available on xbox.

People keep mentioning No Man's Sky to me as a PS exclusive but I think it looks absolutely mince. I thought The Order 1886 looked good buto it seems to have been slated just about everywhere.

Really loving this. I notice the first post compares it to Heavy Rain... Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls seem to be getting sold as a pair now - are these similar to Until Dawn ?

Really loving this. I notice the first post compares it to Heavy Rain... Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls seem to be getting sold as a pair now - are these similar to Until Dawn ?

Yes they are similar in terms of gameplay, but IMO what made Until dawn special was the cheesy horror which having grown up with the scream and halloween films, they nailed to a tee. The thing with these games are that the consequences don't really have much of an impact, yes a character dies but everything just carries on the same, minus character x. UD is far and away the best of the 3 IMO, Heavy Rain was a decent detective/thriller game and Beyond, meh i enjoyed it for so long and then just stopped playing and whenever i have spare time have no desire to finish.

As for you next game, Uncharted 4 Ratchet and clank, bloodborne if that's your kinda thing. The order was ok, if you like the look of it, its only about £10 now so you can't really go too wrong, it wasn't a terrible game just disappointing.

• 6 months later...

Just got this, downloaded the 10GB update and turned it on, got to the bit were the Until Dawn logo comes up and all sound cut off, then when I tried another game (Uncharted 4) the sound still wasn't working, had to turn off my ps4 to fix the problem. I have deleted the install and reinstalled but still not working, sounds cuts off at Until Dawn logo and doesn't come back on until PS4 turned off.

Anybody had this problem and have any ideas of how to fix?

• 8 months later...

Having got this from the playstation plus games, I just got round to finishing it there the now.

Ended up with Sam, Emily and Matt left alive.

Pretty gutted to get Mike killed right at the end though

Archived