Travelling On Your Own

I'm trying to organise a trip at the moment.  There were supposed to be three of us going but the other two have both managed to f**k me over. One of them really wanted to go but is now rubbering the phone after I have booked a hotel room for him. The other wants to go but needs to get his car fixed and doesn't know if he can afford it. What should be a relaxing holiday has become lot more stressful than it needs to be.

Never again. I'm going solo from now on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any recommendations of places to travel solo over Christmas? Single and don't have much by the way of family, so would happily avoid the constant sympathy from people at work who 'can't believe that I would be alone at Christmas' by just getting the f**k away from it all.
Europe is probably out of the equation as I everywhere is still going to be Christmas mental, so what's the next best thing that wont break the bank?

I keep meaning to go to Tehran. Despite its political reputation people who've been say it's about the friendliest place they've been, and the food's great.

Archived