Travelling On Your Own

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Off to Zurich tomorrow on my own as my pal has let me down and is going away with his work. Only got one night to fill in though as I've got The Rolling Stones on Wednesday.

Got a 2nd mortgage??Its mucho expensive

I recommend travelling in your own especially if you're single.

Since you have two weeks then I'd do a nice European tour. I usually go on long weekend breaks.

I love travelling it's fantastic. Enjoy yourself.

I'm doing Toulouse next month, Eindhoven early Nov (for a gig) then Barcelona end of Nov. It's looking like Tenerife for New Year.

On 18/09/2017 at 20:10, Blootoon87 said:

So everyone keeps telling me. I'll just look for a seedy spit n sawdust bar and hang about in there. I'll fit right in.

Bit late, but wouldn't worry too much if you're only there for a few days, about double a pint, or it was a few years ago.  There was a pub near Zurich Railway station that was mildly sleazy and about 1 1/2 Scottish prices, but can't remember the name.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:02, doulikefish said:

Got a 2nd mortgage??Its mucho expensive

Bizarrely I found a Coop halfway up a Swiss mountain (with no road access) that was still selling a bottle of Coke for cheaper than you'd get it in the UK.

Lovely country, my favourite place to go.

Traveling by yourself is one of life's great joys. I love it, and would seriously consider killing my burd in order to get to do it more. But they always assume it's the partner, so I'd end up in the clink.

You go where you want, when you want, see what you want, don't bother your arse with what you don't want, stay where you want, get from point to point however you want.

I would genuinely choose it over traveling with company. It's great. You always pick up with people along the way.

On 21/09/2017 at 15:23, JTS98 said:

Traveling by yourself is one of life's great joys. I love it, and would seriously consider killing my burd in order to get to do it more. But they always assume it's the partner, so I'd end up in the clink.

You go where you want, when you want, see what you want, don't bother your arse with what you don't want, stay where you want, get from point to point however you want.

I would genuinely choose it over traveling with company. It's great. You always pick up with people along the way.

I found last time in Germany that people were really friendly. If they know you're travelling on your own then they'll generally make you really welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm early twenties and newly single, considering going somewhere alone at the end of the month. Any recommendations? Already going to Amsterdam with my mates in November but nobody is available in October and I have holidays to use up this year...
I could just go home I suppose!

2 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

I'm early twenties and newly single, considering going somewhere alone at the end of the month. Any recommendations? Already going to Amsterdam with my mates in November but nobody is available in October and I have holidays to use up this year...

Try this.

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights-from/abz/cheapest-flights-from-aberdeen.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=true&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&oym=1710&iym=1710&ref=home

19 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I'm based in Edinburgh but your general point stands :)

It's a good time to go to the Northern Mediterranean when it's still warm but not boiling, and hopefully not pishing down all the time. Would have said the med in general but I'm going to Seville on Tuesday and it's still 95 degrees, bit hot for me. Malta might be cheap and because it's got sea wind won't be that hot.

P.S. Barcelona could be quite lively.

5 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Depends on what you're after? I turned 20 last year and went to Rome on my own to celebrate and I enjoyed it also been to Belfast twice, Manchester, Milan, and London twice. I'm planning on going to Jordon early next year with a bigger trip later on Possibly Middle East to Aus/ NZ than on to South America I'm just waiting for cheap flights and then trying to snap them up much easier and cheaper traveling on your own. PM is always open if you want any info.

Depends on what you're after? I turned 20 last year and went to Rome on my own to celebrate and I enjoyed it also been to Belfast twice, Manchester, Milan, and London twice. I'm planning on going to Jordon early next year with a bigger trip later on Possibly Middle East to Aus/ NZ than on to South America I'm just waiting for cheap flights and then trying to snap them up much easier and cheaper traveling on your own. PM is always open if you want any info.

I'm pretty sociable so I'm looking to just meet people and have a laugh. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't chasing foreign skirt as well. It just feels like going alone is something I ought to do as I've always gone with folk and it might just dunt me out my comfort zone a little. I do a little photography so somewhere with a bit of culture that's also a bit different would be cool.

Problem is ive been to a lot of the mainstream European cities!

On that note, i went to Aus/NZ last year and can recommend anything if required! NZ is the best country on earth by some distance and I aim to live there in the future...

Any recommendations of places to travel solo over Christmas? Single and don't have much by the way of family, so would happily avoid the constant sympathy from people at work who 'can't believe that I would be alone at Christmas' by just getting the f**k away from it all.

Europe is probably out of the equation as I everywhere is still going to be Christmas mental, so what's the next best thing that wont break the bank?

Any recommendations of places to travel solo over Christmas? Single and don't have much by the way of family, so would happily avoid the constant sympathy from people at work who 'can't believe that I would be alone at Christmas' by just getting the f**k away from it all.
Europe is probably out of the equation as I everywhere is still going to be Christmas mental, so what's the next best thing that wont break the bank?

Thailand? Whilst they do celebrate Christmas for the sake of tourists, it won't be in your face as much. I did a new year in Bangkok a few years ago - weather was great.

Archived